Moving Across Taiwan Cost/Convenience Questions

So I need to move from Taoyuan to Kaohsiung very soon and would love get some advice on the best way to do that. I won’t need to move any furniture or large objects, just several suitcases worth of personal stuff plus some small home essentials (cookware, small lamp, etc.). Would you recommend that I: a) mail boxes through the post office, b) hire a mover, or c) take a few trips up and down the HSR?

This will be my first time doing this in Taiwan so any advice is much appreciated!

definitely not HSR.
a mover should be cheaper if just small things.

1 Like

Hiring a truck for a door to door service plus hopping in for a ride seems to me the cheapest and most convenient option. Everything else requires more steps, and probably more money

2 Likes

I used Kerry TJ (嘉里大榮) when I moved from Taipei to Kaohsiung. You can book online, and they will contact you and come pick up your luggage/boxes at your address. The cost was quite reasonable. If you don’t have a lot of stuff, and just a few boxes, this is the way to go.

2 Likes

I can recommend Kang Fu Moving:

They did a good job in moving my furniture from Taipei to New Taipei for less than $3000. A move across the island might be more expensive, though.

In your case, the smallest truck might probably enough if you only have boxes.

1 Like