Moving company that speaks English?

I need to move from Taipei to Banchiao. Where can I find a moving company that speaks English?

Steven the Mover is awesome and speaks great English.

He may not be the cheapest, but he’s professional, provides boxes. I’d hire him again in a flash.

Guy

2 Likes

Steven the Mover

1 Like

I highly recommend Steven the mover. He’s moved me from Beitou to Daan. Both were old houses with no elevators and they did a great job. I have too much heavy stuff.

1 Like

I have used Steven the mover and can recommend him too. If language barrier is your problem he is the best option (albeit more expensive)
I have also used this company: http://www.taipeimover.com/default.php and recieved professional service. their office has staff that speaks english, but the movers themselves will not speak english. you can add them on Line and text them in English.

1 Like

Steven, highly recommended.

1 Like

When was the last time any thread on forumosa had this level of consensus?

Steven the Mover—the man whose awesome work brings forumosans together! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Steven the mover. Really only good for average house moves. Asked them about moving big machines and he really just kinda ignored me (gave me a price that’s over 10,000 US basically). We’re not talking about moving the machines to the US or anything, just a couple of km away.

Honestly if you have a couple of buddies to help, renting a truck and doing it yourself is much cheaper. Most movers charge about 3000 per trip.

1 Like

Not surprised given the scope of his services which are clearly stated on his website.

Is that what you did in the end?

Pretty much. The machines were moved with the help of a guy a friend introduced. He came with a truck that includes a crane, and called a fork lift. Total was 6000.

I didn’t rent a truck for everything else, loaned it from a friend.

Love it when you see the diesel crane lifting stuff out of an apartment from the fire alley here. Seems like a flamethrower to kill a fly, but sometimes there is no other way. Taiwan is the last place I would try and move stuff on my own with a U-haul rent-a-whatever.

Anyone mention Stephen the Mover yet?

1 Like

No but plenty mention of Steven the Mover

2 Likes

Stephen is the real pro

1 Like

Except Taiwan Luthiers, who follows his own path. :slight_smile:

Guy

1 Like

Yeah, Steven I recommend. Unoriginally.

True, by far not the cheapest. Got scolded at first for “splurging” on this guy, who surely targets the “me no speaky mandarin” niche market, and shamelessly (and rightfully) asks more for that.

After the next move with a random cheap blue truck of death crew, which handled stuff a bit “differently”, I didn’t hear any complaints no mo’ about hiring Steven.

1 Like

:laughing:

2 Likes

Is he the German version of Steven the Mover? :laughing:

1 Like