MOving story: 9 year old boy saves mom from suicide

Moving story of a 9 year old who saved his mothers life. Lets hope things work out much better for that family from now.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … -stops.htm

It’s not moving, it’s sordid and silly. Do you really care about these kind of stories? No judgment if you do, I’m just curious to know if you actually empathise when you look at a story like this? I would if it were someone I knew, but some stranger in a newspaper? No. Or was it connected to you in some way, t?

I feel for people man. You dont have to be related to wish someone well.

I think with all the negatives we hear, its good to have a story with a happy ending. I think it gives us hope for humanity.

Thats why I thought it good to share this story.

Why do u think its sordid and silly? Is it silly? The young lad nearly lost his mother through no fault of his . Do you love YOUR mother?

Would you want YOUR mother to commit suicide?

Why is it silly? Why is it sordid? Its actually silly and sordid to you?

IF so, you must think about why it is to u> My advice only.

YMMV.

edit: not trying to get your goat, take of this story as you will, take nothing if it means nothing to you.

I feel for people man. You dont have to be related to wish someone well.

I think with all the negatives we hear, its good to have a story with a happy ending. I think it gives us hope for humanity.

Thats why I thought it good to share this story.

Why do u think its sordid and silly? Is it silly? The young lad nearly lost his mother through no fault of his . Do you love YOUR mother?

Would you want YOUR mother to commit suicide?

Why is it silly? Why is it sordid? Its actually silly and sordid to you?

IF so, you must think about why it is to u> My advice only.

YMMV.[/quote]

No, you miss my point, tommy. How I feel about my ex-parents is not the point. Whether the situation depicted is good/bad is not the point.

The story is sordid; filler for a cheap newspaper. Who does it help; it’s a voyeuristic snap into a private banality, not ‘public interest’. I’m just interested in people’s reaction to death. When you read about a stranger’s death, do you feel badly for them, beyond the bounds of not wishing bad on people? For example when Farrah Fawcett died of cancer recently, I didn’t care at all. In the abstract, I don’t wish anyone to die that kind of death and wish her family well, but I really have no emotional pull to the story. Do you? When you read it, do you feel sad? I only feel sad if I hear bad news about someone I know. Am I normal, or not? If you do, then as I said; no judgement; not laughing at someone for feeling something.

We are all different. Somethings may make me take notice while others not. Not saying you are weird or strange, simply that this story doesnt cause a ripple in your mind (but actually it did cuz u bothered to make an input).

No, your reaction caused a ripple; I wouldn’t have even read the story. Sorry, I’m not saying you are wrong to care, just wondering about the processes people go through.

No, your reaction caused a ripple; I wouldn’t have even read the story. Sorry, I’m not saying you are wrong to care, just wondering about the processes people go through.[/quote]

hmmm. Well its nearly 1am here and i best snooze cuz i gotta be at work in 8 hours. so another time we can delve into the way the mind processes stuff? hows bout that. enjoy ur saturday.