Moving to taichung

Hey all!
Im coming to study to taichung on the 25th of august. Im coming to university of tunghai and now Im trying to find accommodation near the university. I would need some help and suggestions what is good web page for searching rental apartments and if you have some other tips feel free to say them :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance
Antti

hi, welcome to Taichung! Though Iā€™m now in Taipei, Taichung is my home town~and Tunghai is close to my home! I actually donā€™t know too much about rental apartments there, however I can provide some websites for you to search for them. Do you read Chinese? Cause most of them are in Chinese.
rent.591.com.tw/
rent.kijiji.com.tw/new/
twhouses.com.tw/netc/chengSe ā€¦ earch.html
rent.housefun.com.tw/

And if you need some further information about areas close to Tunghai, feel free to PM me!

When you arrive you can also look for the ā€œredā€ postings in neighborhoods. Also ask your university for assistance in finding housing. If you can read Chinese you should be able to find a studio or house very easily in Taichung, many properties are empty.

hello,

I also move to Taichung for one semester. I will study at Feng-Chia University.

currently Iam also searching for accommodation, but i dont speak any chinese, yetā€¦ :unamused: Itā€™s quite hard to understand the meaning of most of the articles by using google translator. Even if I undestand the meaning, there are more and more questions coming up abobut new thingsā€¦

For example: why are all the flats advertised in Yuan, not in NT$? is this real or just a mistake in translation? :ohreally:
Thereā€™s a real big difference, if the prices are Yuan or NT$ā€¦

greetz

surely the university can provide assistance with this?

[quote=ā€œEvilPhilanthropā€]hello,

I also move to Taichung for one semester. I will study at Feng-Chia University.

currently Iam also searching for accommodation, but I donā€™t speak any chinese, yetā€¦ :unamused: Itā€™s quite hard to understand the meaning of most of the articles by using google translator. Even if I undestand the meaning, there are more and more questions coming up abobut new thingsā€¦

For example: why are all the flats advertised in Yuan, not in NT$? is this real or just a mistake in translation? :ohreally:
Thereā€™s a real big difference, if the prices are Yuan or NT$ā€¦

greetz[/quote]

yuan 元 means NTD. 200元 = NT$200
taiwanese people say ā€œquaiā€, write ā€œå…ƒā€ (yuan), and both mean ā€œnt dollarsā€.

most people who move to taichung end up living with other foreigners when they first arrive. itā€™s challenging to get an apartment without a job or without a good friend. youā€™re probably better off asking around to see if anyone has a room for rent. you might also want to check out taichung groups on facebook.

Dear mates,
I am a Vietnamese scholar. I will stay in Tunghai University for 6 months. I will be coming to TungHai on 2nd August 2019. It is very difficult for me to find a house or studio apartment near Tunghai Uni.
Does any one have any clue regarding house rent? I prefer studio apartment with

• Aircon
  • Access to public kitchen so that some time I can cook
  • Private bathroom and WC
  • Fridge
  • Price at 6,500 to 8,000 NT$
    Thanks a lot