Mr. Brown Coffee

Does anyone know how to stop the aggressive pop up banner that comes up on every Internet website page at Mr. Brown Coffee shops?

That’s the cost of using their “free” wireless Internet. I just click on the little on the left side to close it. Either that, or use my smart phone as a modem and bypass their wireless.

I sooo like their hot chocolate!

what bothers me about this is that the customers that are there are already ordering food and drink and so then the banner, in my view, is meaningless. It slows down the computer and makes an already small notebook monitor even smaller.

If anyone knows how to block the banner, I’d love to know. I like to go in and have a highball or a whiskey while I tool around on the Internet. In the mornings I also like to go in and enjoy a coffee while working on my computer. I spend a lot of time (and money) there but like to find a way around that stupid banner.

You are buying food and drink and you are receiving the food and drink. Many coffee shops who also charge for their food and drink do not provide free Internet access, including Dante, IS Coffee, Ikari Coffee and Starbucks (I think).

I don’t know of any way to prevent it from showing because it’s not a “pop-up” window that can be blocked with pop-up blockers. I haven’t noticed it slowing down my computer at all, but it sure does cut down on the real estate, a problem that is easily resolved by closing the banner by clicking the on the left hand side.

if anyone does find a way to stop the pop up banner at Mr. Brown Coffee, please share how you do it here. that things is ridiculous and drives me crazy.