Mr. Sausage's Kitchen

Ze Germans will wont it wiz Sauerkraut, Bitte :wink:

But apart from joking: Arenā€™t the TWnese the main crowd as customers? What do they want? Or can your business survive on us picky Furrinners dropping in once a week to once a month or so?

Gotta be strong cheddar cheese on that pie, man.

How strange. I almost barfed when I read that, yet here I am as we speak with a plate of apple and strong cheddar in front of me. Just never thought of a cheese crust on an apple pie.

How strange. I almost barfed when I read that, yet here I am as we speak with a plate of apple and strong cheddar in front of me. Just never thought of a cheese crust on an apple pie.[/quote]

You guys donā€™t put cheese on apple pie??
Like a fuckin angel come down and pissed on your fuckin tongue, baby, THATā€™S fuckin living!
Oh, and the rangier the cheddar, the betterā€¦

Hmm. Iā€™ve heard of a cheese and chocolate pie , but never cheese and apple, sounds like a must try. Olm the Taiwanese are starting to come in , but most of them donā€™t heve strong opinions on the food because itā€™s all foreign to them, the usual comment I get is ā€œOh yeh , you waigouren donā€™t put sugar in your sausages do you?ā€ :loco:
However they like the sausage and I can usually find common ground on this issue when I talk about the wild pig soaked in gaoliung sausage you can buy down in Wu Lai. Any lingering doubt is dispelled by a couple of shots of homemade Limmoncello. :wink:
Someone was telling me the best reason to get into the trade is because you like to see the look of instant gratification that people get when they taste something good. I definitelly want to open the door to some foods thet the folks here havenā€™t tried before [and god forbid, maybe make a bit of profit too]. :sunglasses:

Itā€™s not a cheese and apple pie, itā€™s apple pie, with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top or on the side. Not baked into the crust, not melted like poutine or cheese fries.

And people say Canada doesnā€™t have a food culture. Bring on the bloody caesars! :canada:

Just a quick announcementā€¦ I wonā€™t be open this Saturday the 28th November as Iā€™ll have to haul my arse and BBQ over to near Warner village to cater at some rave\wave party thingy [wonā€™t be finished till about 4am too, Iā€™ll have to drink a few red bulls]. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, or if you are reading this message too late. :beer: Hope to see you all in the near future. ā€¦Oh yeah if you come in this Friday itā€™s Mrs. Sausageā€™s birthday. Be sure to tell her how young she is looking [and slimmer] and Iā€™ll give you a free shot of something.

I went, and I ate, and it was good.

Boerewors is the sausage of choice. Very yummy. And did I see a Thai (mildly) spicy sausage on the menu?

But I missed my Limoncello shot. Dammit, though I had a great pork pie instead so I canā€™t complain.

I have to make more limmoncello, but iā€™m toying with the idea of steaping gaoliung with some pomelo peal, could be interesting.

Will you be putting up a website with pictures and prices anytime soon? Itā€™s the only way I can convince the wife to go. Thanks.

P.S. Vanilla ice cream with apple pie is the greatest.

My wife wonā€™t fall for the old ā€˜I know where you can get good sausageā€™ line anymore either.

I think your wife already knows where the good sausage is at, but Iā€™m hoping you wonā€™t be posting any photos of that.
Damage, Iā€™m a computer illiterate, Iā€™m still trying to figure out how to put an avatar against my name [UHL address? what dis? better hit com-pu-ter with rock again]. Iā€™ll try to post some images of the food, until such time I have to just sit here pressing a polariod against the screen. :blush: :doh:

[quote=ā€œmr. sausageā€]I think your wife already knows where the good sausage is at, but Iā€™m hoping you wonā€™t be posting any photos of that.
Damage, Iā€™m a computer illiterate, Iā€™m still trying to figure out how to put an avatar against my name [UHL address? what dis? better hit com-pu-ter with rock again]. Iā€™ll try to post some images of the food, until such time I have to just sit here pressing a polariod against the screen. :blush: :doh:[/quote]

Do you have digital images of your food, that youā€™re happy with?

Got some some chief, have more soon.

You have to host them. That means giving them a home on the Internet, since, in most cases, websites and places like this wonā€™t let you share stuff from your hard drive.
There are lots of sites where you can do this.
Me and irish stu, among others, like imageshack
Go there and set up an account.
Then find a link to Upload Images.
Hit Browse.
An Explorer window should open, showing your computer.
Find the image you want to upload, select it, and then hit Host it!
(Check the box for ā€œremove size/resolution bar from thumbnail?ā€)
In a few seconds, itā€™s done.
Keep doing this until all the piccies you want have been uploaded.
Now you click My Images, it should show you a page with thumbnails of all your pictures.
To stick one into a message here in Flobistan, when you get to the part where you want to stick it, click Img up there^.
Youā€™ll get a nicely matched set of tags.
Now go back to your images on imageshack and click the ā€œiā€ button to the right of the one you want to stick in.
Itā€™ll open a page with a whole list of URL windows down the side.
Find the one called Direct: and select the URL in the box.
Copy it (right click and choose Copy OR Ctrl+C).
Go back to where youā€™re drafting your message here, and paste (right click and choose Paste OR Ctrl+V) the URL between the tags.
Preview your message, the piccie should be there.
If you see the tag or something else, go back and try it again.
Congratulations, you are now officially smarter than jimipresley.
Whatever thatā€™s worth.

Anyone else got summit to add?
Have I missed anything???

Thanks, this is why you are the chief and Iā€™m just one of the indians :notworthy:

If you really are grateful, how about showing your appreciation by adopting me?
Then I can change my name to chief sausage.
Which, letā€™s face it, just freaking rocksā€¦

apple pie and chorizo?? iā€™m there! plus did i spot a picture of a pretzel?

Can I be your entrusted vault man: Nobby Russett.