MRI cost in Taiwan?

I am on the National Health Insurance program but I was just wondering if MRI’s are covered under this. If not, does anyone know the out of pocket cost for a brain MRI here in Taiwan?

They are…

If I recall correctly from a friend that had a serious accident, NHI covers up to 80 percent of cost of most necessary medical procedures.

5K sans jianbao

I have a similar question…I don’t have health insurance here, but my doctor has suggested I get an MRI or CT scan of my knee. Anyone have an idea of how much this would cost?

Hope u ok? Needing a brain scan isnt a good thing usually.

If you take a whole body, complete medical exam, including bloodwork, endoscopy, X rays, plus MRI or CT, it goes from 30 to 50 thousand nts. This would be the most expensive, si expect around 5 thousand more or less for just a part of you.

They also have this cool P something test that tells you if you are in danger of stroke, as it maps your brain veins and arteries and stuff. Cool stuff. Also not that expensive. Shingkong Hospital is a good choice for English speaking docs.

We’ve had guys do their knees in the hockey league. ACL’s mostly. $20k all in with insurance from MRI to surgery. So, if you don’t have insurance, multiply by at least five… :frowning:

If you take a whole body, complete medical exam, including bloodwork, endoscopy, X rays, plus MRI or CT, it goes from 30 to 50 thousand nts. This would be the most expensive, si expect around 5 thousand more or less for just a part of you.

They also have this cool P something test that tells you if you are in danger of stroke, as it maps your brain veins and arteries and stuff. Cool stuff. Also not that expensive. Shingkong Hospital is a good choice for English speaking docs.[/quote]

Where can you get that brain mapping thing done? I’m having some serious visual problems and my boss is freaking out, wanting me to go back to the states for medical care. This is not an option as I don’t have insurance there. I already had one CT scan but I want something more detailed to prove to my boss that I don’t have something more serious.

HOpe you will turn out to be fine !! Yes get that all checked out. I recommend Shinkong Hospital in shihpai. It was first rate when my Mom got brain surgury there.

Do you have the visual problems with headaches? If so you should find a brain doctor. It might just be auras from migranes

They also have this cool P something test that tells you if you are in danger of stroke, as it maps your brain veins and arteries and stuff. Cool stuff. Also not that expensive. Shingkong Hospital is a good choice for English speaking docs.[/quote]

Where can you get that brain mapping thing done? I’m having some serious visual problems and my boss is freaking out, wanting me to go back to the states for medical care. This is not an option as I don’t have insurance there. I already had one CT scan but I want something more detailed to prove to my boss that I don’t have something more serious.[/quote]

Chang Kung, Shinkong, NTU, a whole bunch. I saw it the first time in the Shinkong brochure.

Yeah I had crazy aura like symptoms for about a half hour (never happened before). And no headache after. It’s been a nightmare trying to get an MRI in Hsinchu, so I’m going to Taipei. I’m thinking about trying the brain mapping MRI thing because it’s quite cool…but it’s really expensive. Well, not compared to what it would cost in the states…it’s like 20,000 nt here. I checked the website and spoke with a member of the staff.

I just want solid proof that I don’t have a tumor/brain anuerysm in my head and my boss can calm down. In order to get an MRI I have to first meet with a neurologist, which is a pain in itself because of the schedules at the hospitals. I might just fork over the cash and get the whole thing done with.

Yeah I had crazy aura like symptoms for about a half hour (never happened before). And no headache after. It’s been a nightmare trying to get an MRI in Hsinchu, so I’m going to Taipei. I’m thinking about trying the brain mapping MRI thing because it’s quite cool…but it’s really expensive. Well, not compared to what it would cost in the states…it’s like 20,000 nt here. I checked the website and spoke with a member of the staff.

I just want solid proof that I don’t have a tumor/brain anuerysm in my head and my boss can calm down. In order to get an MRI I have to first meet with a neurologist, which is a pain in itself because of the schedules at the hospitals. I might just fork over the cash and get the whole thing done with.[/quote]

Well if you boss is insisting on it ask your boss to foot the bill.

I did the brain mapping thing…results came back migraine with aura. It was pretty cool seeing my brain like that and learning about other future potential health risks so I think it was worth the money. And breakfast and lunch were included. :wink:

Good to hear you were courageous and took the plunge. Hope the migraine can be controlled with medication and you get better soon.

Every time I see this thread I think why is the MRT cost in Taiwan so important…

My Mom had terrible migraines several years ago but they are mostly gone now. I know she took a wonder drug after the migraine started. I have forgotten the name but it was expensive (and worth every penny). I’m not sure what she speculated as reducing the frequency/severity though. I do know that she spends way too much time on the computer (and had bad back problems), had a stressful job, reduced her cholesterol level from borderline risky and ended up going thru a divorce. It’s tough to say what/if any contributed the migraines (I haven’t studied them) but it’s possible that any/all could be contributors and making the improvements that she did improved/eliminated the migraines.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I’m hoping it was just a fluke incident, pretty scary.

yes lets hope nothing long term. good luck to you and " a votre sante (to your health)" I think I said it right?

I might need an MRI but have NHI. Does anyone know the cost of an MRI with NHI?