MRT announcement - what's it say?

In this clip, after the Japanese “Nakayama” for Zhongshan station, I’m interested in what it says after. I think it says this on all lines at all stations. Specifically I want to know, if not too much to ask, what’s it written in traditional, what language is it being spoken here, and what does it mean in English? Something basic I’m sure, but it’s irritating me.

https://youtu.be/724I8UjgQqw?t=48

Thanks

左側開門 Zuo Ce Kai Men

Doors will open on the left.

Some trains say 右側開門 - You Ce Kai Men - Doors will open on the right.

3 Likes

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Me being a bit different I always think “how do we know which side is right and which left?” It all depends on which way you face.

Oh silly bear, it’s when you face the direction the train is traveling in. They also do the same with rivers here. A rivers “right bank” is the one on your righthand side as you face downstream.

1 Like

Yes I know that but I can’t help being pedantic.

Also, here’s one for you:

The Keelung River reverses direction all the way to Xizhi according to the tide. So does upstream become downstream at high tide?

2 Likes

If poison is past its expiry date, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

1 Like

Can cheese go off?

1 Like

Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

3 Likes

Could Boston Dynamics be developing a tickling robot?

1 Like

I’m sure it is in Bosstown Dynamics plans!

If the professor on Giligan’s Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can’t he fix a hole in a boat?

1 Like

Actually, sometimes they’re both planned. :baby::baby:

3 Likes