Multi messaging app that supports Line

Does anyone know of a multi-messaging app that supports Line along with the other major messaging apps? (I’m mainly looking for something which combines Line, WeChat, FB, Whatsapp, Skype, and maybe Signal if possible)

2 Likes

There are none.

4 Likes

I’ve never found one.

1 Like

I suspected as much, but had held out hope…until now.

Their protocol is proprietary.

There can be a small workaround. Make a Line business account
https://account.line.biz/login

Make a bot and invite into a group chat.

Every time a message is send in the group it will fire a webhook with the message data. You need to have a server or use a service to handle the webhook.

Sending messages is limited to 500 messages per month for free. So you might hit the limit pretty fast sending messages with the bot.

1 Like

It’s possible to set up a line bridge in matrix but I haven’t tried fair/matrix-puppeteer-line: A very hacky Matrix-LINE bridge based on running LINE's Chrome extension in Puppeteer. - matrix-puppeteer-line - Miscworks Source
There are bridges for other messengers like whatsapp too, so you can consolidate everything there
But I find these things too annoying and cumbersome to set up so I just put it all on a crappy old phone and check it once a week

1 Like

That’s a bit beyond my skill level and also way beyond my motivation. Thanks though.

Looks like I’ll have to invite a random bot into our office Line group :rofl:

It is not random if you make the bot.

And there are also official bots.

1 Like

Pidgin broke the line plug in recently and put out the following statement

2 Likes

Yes, they protect their messaging access aggressively.

One must use the official way with bots and pay the monthly plan. :moneybag:
Or use the official messenger and accept the ads.

Not possible to block the ads too, they use the same domain serving those as their general API.