Murder of Australian woman in Chiayi?

[quote=“Aristotle”]So why do the moderators choose to burry this, if they think it needs to be investigated further?
I don’t see the logic in hiding something, when you want someone to take a good look at it.

[/quote]

I’m sorry but could you tell us what you mean by this?

If so, could you please ask you tell what the real story is.

We really need a chat room.
This warning specifically applies to English teachers. They are the ones most at risk. Why it was decided to put it down here, I can only guess.
A.

Jeff was a Triad now he is a comrade, I am a Triad member and pretty soon I expect to become a Comrade too. It’s a ranking system here on Segue that counts the number of posts.

Now about that evidence…

HEY HOGG stop trying to rack up karma points! :shock: :unamused:

What’s yer point anyway? Ya gots a problem with a Comrade do yas???

Aristotle?

Again I am confused by your question, explain! :?

Jeff,

Reign it in man :wink: The man asked a question and I answered him.
Kind of ironic really :?: This will be the post that makes me a comrade. :laughing:
I really am cutting back on the posts and using the edit button. :smiley: :shock:

But, I really do want to see this evidence that is not being given.

As is usually the case with law enforcement in Taiwan, there is very little evidence besides a corpse, which was cremated shortly after the autopsy.
The family could not ask for an appeal because they were not listed on the death certificate.
It is the distinct lack of evidence that gives us a clue to what is going on.
Hushed up, shut up and swept under the carpet, case closed.
Few people know or care what happens to English teachers in Taiwan.
Just because the authorities refuse to enforce the rights of English teachers does not mean they have no rights. Ms. Bretel had rights as do we all. As far as we at SSETT are concerned this case is not closed until it has been thoroughly investigated, which it has not.
A.

I am still not sure what you mean by bury this… But here are two other topics about this maybe you have seen Aristotle.

forums.segue.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=1206
forums.segue.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=6637

Well, when you have completed your investigation, gathered up your evidence and marshalled it into coherency, please let us know. In the meantime if you are too busy investigating to give us daily reports, I’m sure we’ll forgive you.

The evidence that we speak of is in regard to the numerous other claims that you have made. Provide one shred of evidence for any of your claims or religate your posts to The X-files forum because that is where they belong

[quote=“Aristotle”]We really need a chat room.
This warning specifically applies to English teachers. They are the ones most at risk. Why it was decided to put it down here, I can only guess.
A.[/quote]

I decided to move the thread from Teaching English in Taiwan to the Living in Taiwan forum because it has nothing to do specifically with teaching English in Taiwan, but more to do with the safety of foreigners living in Taiwan. It is no more “buried” than it was previously.

[quote=“hexuan”][quote=“Aristotle”]We really need a chat room.
A.[/quote]

I decided to move the thread from Teaching English in Taiwan to the Living in Taiwan forum because it has nothing to do specifically with teaching English in Taiwan, but more to do with the safety of foreigners living in Taiwan. It is no more “buried” than it was previously.[/quote]

Seems to also have very little to do with Living in Taiwan, either. Aristotle’s Chiayi is obviously so far removed from the Chiayi and the Taiwan most other people are familiar with that maybe he should start his own “Chiayi oriented” website.

Make that Aristotle’s Chiayi b[/b]. I lived in Jiayi for almost five years back in the 80’s and early 90’s, and I can tell you that it is quite safe. Lots of gangsters, sure, but foreigners are so far off their register, it is safe to say that we don’t even matter. Aristotle has an inflated sense of importance if he thinks otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, with all due respect, Aristotle’s beef seems to be that the woman was hooked up with a local gangster who then offed her when she was done with him. Then, surprise surprise, the local cops took their bosses’ side (the gangsters). If that really is the case, of course. We don’t know because he cannot produce a single shred of evidence to back up his rambling.

His naivety is pretty staggering, really, but that’s forgivable. What is not forgivable is the way he then paints the whole of the county with the same brush, as though it were something special or unusual, limited to that particular place.

Wake up, dozy! Gangsters’ molls get offed, beaten, etc. everywhere, be it Chiayi, Bangalore, Glasgow, Detroit or Sydney.

Aristotle, if you want your little “advocacy group” to actually be of some use, perhaps you should change your “warning” to:

“To women all over the world: Think twice before you start dating a gangster.”

I will ask again.
What kind of evidence would you find acceptable? There is already a body.
A.

your other claims about things that have happened to foreigners in Taiwan. The claims agianst Tealit about foreigners being deported after placing ads on their website, the evidence of “other” foreigners being murdered, abducted, raped, beaten, or whatever it was that you said… forget about the Australian girl, back up the other claims that you made with some hard evidence. That’s what we want - no slander - no guess work - no rumors - JUST FACTS.

Would you be so kind as to define," hard facts" for me.
A.

gladly. More information than just remarks that this stuff is happening without giving details that can be supported with evidence. Some reports, first hand accounts, newspaper refs…

A, you keep everyone going around in circles, if you can’t work out what we mean by “facts” and “evidence” then perhaps this position that you have given yourself is a little too big for you. You want to represent the foreign community and all you have done is successfully turned them against you - if you had been able to support your “information” then perhaps people would have been behind you. Instead you find yourself in a different situation.

eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sef … -90767.txt

[quote=“Aristotle”]Would you be so kind as to define," hard facts" for me.
A.[/quote]

How many people have been deported?
How many have been murdered?
If possible give their nationalities, no need to give names

How did these murdered people meet their end?
Why has nothing been mentioned in the newspaper. Is there somebody supressing the truth? Are they the police? or Gangsters? If so what is/are their name(s)?

If you cannot provide these what you are spreading is just bull and your theory, not facts
Have you approached the police about this with your hard facts or are they in on it too?

If I want to live in Chiayi is it safe for me there?
Do you live there and if you think there are cover ups and foreigners are being targeted what are you stil doing there?