Music for over 30's (or other lazy people :))

What do you listen to?

• All old stuff Iā€™ve known for years
  • Mostly old, a few new, same genre
  • Mostly old, but up for new, any genre
  • Some old music, but new stuff too
  • Mostly new, but replay oldies for fun

0 voters

I find that as I SLOWLY age :laughing: that I can listen to older songs over and over, but it takes me awhile to like something new. Iā€™m not talking going from alternative rock to R&B or from rap to jazz. Even just staying in my realm of music, it takes me ages to appreciate a new song.

But once I do, it remains on the repeat playlist.

It is important to note that I refer to any song over 10 years old, as old. :laughing: So yes, Nirvana, Beastie Boys, Soundgarden, Pixies, NIN, etc are ā€œoldā€ to me.

When I talk about new, I mean last 4 years or so.

I guess what Iā€™m saying here, is it that I know what I want, or am I stuck in a music rut?

How about if you listen to only old stuff but you are open to hearing stuff thats new to your ears but still considered old?

Iā€™ve always been stuck in a musical time-warpā€¦ reggae, soul, jazzā€¦ thereā€™s always gonna be stuff I never heard before. Back in my deeply anal collecting days, I could trawl record racks for hoursā€¦ ahh memoriesā€¦

Damn, I forgot about that one. I do the same. Find me a new ā€œoldā€ Tom Waits song and Iā€™m in heaven. Also in the past year discovered opera. All ā€œoldā€ but new to meā€¦

So are we in a rut, or do we just have ā€œgood tasteā€ for us?

:note: XTCā€™s Love On A Farmboyā€™s Wages :note:

The old songs are still the best ones. :grandpa: