Music instruments store in Taipei

Any shops with some good variety of music stands and microphone stands?

Need something to put in front of electronic keyboards to hold iPad closer to the musician.

Seems like every music store in Taipei specializes in one or few instruments and doesn’t have much variety especially when it comes to music equipment.

Somethings like these?

shopping

1 Like

That looks stable with the large surface area of the plate.

1 Like

These guys are good for anything guitar related. For stands call first as they had sold out when I went there.

They have nice amps , bang for your buck guitars and excellent service. I go there for strings.

Bought my Sigma DMC-1STE guitar at UD.

1 Like

It’s a very comfortable environment. No pressure etc . The last time I went there I bought strings, a strap and some very nice non slip picks. I nearly bought a guitar , but I just don’t need one , as I have 4 already. I do need one of those stands though , so I might stop by and enquire.
In my opinion it’s always better to see something in the real world than on the net.
I would encourage anyone to stop by there and browse , if you don’t buy something give them a good Google review anyway if you like it. I’m all about supporting honest local businesses.

I need some strings and don’t want to mess with it right now. Do you think they’ll restring for me?

1 Like

I reckon so, I think you have to ask the boss though as in the morning he doesn’t seem to be there. They all seem to speak good English though , so you could ask by Facebook messenger. I wouldn’t mind some refretting done on one of my guitars.
If they don’t then maybe can ask them where they suggest to do that.

I don’t have an answer to shops in Taipei, but curious as to which boards and stands you are working with.

Pfft, rookie numbers mooo8. I think I have seven. One I’m still paying off. I don’t know where it is. Last played it in August at a friends house the other side of the country.

Go hard :smiley: get it bought!

1 Like

LMFAO. Ok thanks as that made me feel better. I thought I was starting to have guitar collecting issues !

What guitar enthusiast has less than 4?

1 Like

I only have one :flushed:. But I’m a multi instrumentalist. Eyeing a Japanese tele mind.

:thinking:

Elaborate, if you wish. Curious.

Yah I have more than just guitars. Ha ha. But ok I get your point. I will put up some wall mounts over the New Year.

1 Like

Well you’ll know how Fender has outsourced manufacturing to Mexico and Japan right? The Japanese teles are very highly regarded and not too expensive in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Most importantly, enjoy your musical journey. I hope to hear your creativity. We should start a thread. Reading the posts, there are many here with interest in sound.

1 Like

I sold a true Les Paul for 1/10 its worth. If you even think about doing that, I will track you down!

I have been entertaining a tele as well, but need to finish paying off the home studio first. :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

It’s like Taiwanese drive a very hard bargain and even minor cosmetic flaw, any repairs done, etc. can drastically reduce the price of the instrument. If you have a lot of space and don’t mind holding onto instruments forever, you’ll eventually find a buyer who will pay what it’s worth.

I sold a Collings for 1/4 of what they are worth simply because of a cosmetic blemish on the back of the neck, finish peeling a little bit by the volute. Guy was going to offer more, only on the fact that it had any evidence of repair. Comes in sees the instrument, sees the cosmetic blemish and slashes the price drastically again. I didn’t want to hold onto them so I sold it, needing the money more than the instrument. If you’re going to be flipping instruments though be ready to deal with this kind of thing, where the smallest cosmetic blemish in the most insignificant place (and they will go over it with a freaking microscope) and they’ll ask less and less. You have to put your foot down and be ready for the deal not going through, and holding onto that instrument for a long time.

I’d say don’t flip stuff in Taiwan, market is too small and you’ll barely break even.

Did in the early 90s. Still kicking myself in the ass for doing it .

Hell even if there’s no issue they’ll ask for a wildly under market price. Just depends on their attitude. Tried selling a pretty decent instrument a few years back. Good brand that’s hard to buy here(which imo should raise the price slightly). No issues. I could easily sell it for 30k - 36k twd on ebay but I tried to sell it locally first. Over the course of six months, only found one person interested and they only offered around 24k and tried to go lower.

1 Like