Music instruments store in Taipei

In Yilan we have a fairly limited selection of music stores. This month I’d like to buy a keyboard, is there any store in Taipei that you could suggest to me? Brands I’d like to test in person are mainly Yamaha and Casio, so a store with a good stock available would be ideal.

Not sure I’ve seen any place with good stock available on the floor. Usually small spaces with a few to try. Maybe outside of central Taipei will have more on the floor.

A lot can be checked in advance online on the Yamaha electronic keyboards which have a couple categories of “feel” that can be checked in a store.

I bought my Yamaha PSR-S910 at a shop near National Taipei University of Education, Heping East, that was very popular, but they recently closed and I haven’t found their new location if they have one.

Galaxy Music (near Zhongshao Xinsheng MRT, it’s a little off the ways, also known as “golden ants” in Chinese) 金馬蟻

ATB “Tony’s” music, forgot where because it moved. Used to be on the brown line, now it’s somewhere around Neihu I think.

Xinlishe 新麗社 In Xinmen, close to the elementary school on zhonghua rd.

there are actually many such stores in Taipei… just shop around a bit…

Also piano stores are everywhere in Taiwan… something to do with parents forcing their kids to learn piano…

1 Like

That is Tony’s. Didn’t even know it had moved to Neihu…It’s always been the best muso store in Taipei.

If you want a Yamaha you can go to any of the many Yamaha stores direct; just google them. For a basic digital you can’t go wrong with a Yamaha. Really nice sounding, not too expensive.

Maybe this is new Tony’s in Neihu. Looks like they have quite a few keyboards for try.

阿通伯樂器 內湖
No. 88號, Wenhu Street, Neihu District, Taipei City, 114
02 8733 1100
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6eoBE3bdAAkzGsms9

yeah it is THE ONE to show off with classical music only of course although a few allow their kids to play jazz on special occassions.
Although the up side is that it is a good instrument to start off with but I doubt that is the intention of their parents. Violin for show off value comes second but heaven forbid you introduce their kids to mountain fiddle music ha ha

A friend recommended this place but they appear to be more uprights and not portable or table top.

Kinstar Music Plaza
No. 46號, Section 2, Zhongxiao East Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, 100
02 2357 6761
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9mtwDCj8ai63BbVD8

Yeah since @IbisWtf mentions Casio I presume he wants a keyboard with rhythm section/auto chord accompaniment functions.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll check those places and see what they have on the floor. For yamaha no problem, I have an official store not far from home, but checking other brands is always better.
I mentioned Casio not because of rhythms or stuff like that, but because I’ve heard a few recordings from the x700 and the sound quality seemed really good for a sub 200$ keyboard. It has only 61 keys which is not ideal though, I’d prefer 76.
The Yamaha Ew300 is another model on my shopping list.

Found an official Casio retail in Taipei: 卡西歐頂溪門市音樂中心
Their prices aren’t bad at all, not too different from Amazon.

Other brands like Korg and Roland seem to be a bit harder to find. Plenty of music stores can order them, but I haven’t seen a large floor presence, so it’s a bit harder to test their pianos/keyboards.

There’s a store here

and here

that may have some more variety.

1 Like

By the way, if you do need guitar repairs and stuff I can do them…

Thanks, but I’m not in the guitar meta…

I’m having trouble finding a Casio S100 to test in person, but I’ve not been to Tony’s store yet because going there from Yilan takes quite some time.
If I got it right, they have two stores: the big one in Neihu for new stuff, and the smaller one near Zhongshan for second hand stuff. I’ll check Neihu first.

Final update. It turns out that a small music school not far from the Yamaha official store in Yilan also sells music instruments. I was a bit worried about the price, but I found out that they were offering the piano I was looking for with a couple of extras (bag, triple pedal), free delivery and a small discount.
Testing the new Casio digital pianos ruined my wallet and I now have one of their latest Privia models.

1 Like

Awesome. Post some of your creations!

You should post yours too!

“Creations” ?_? I’m re-practicing classical pieces after 20+ years and my left hand feels like an inbred. It’s basically on welfare while my right hand is carrying everything. I couldn’t believe that in 30 minutes my right hand was fluently playing Canon in D (which I had never played before) while my left one was struggling to just play the root note at the right time.

I’m slowly trying to rebuild hand separation, it’s getting better but will need some time.

I feel so envious of people who can coordinate their limbs. I can barely walk…

1 Like

Don’t feel bad… I’m a terrible musician. Can’t play guitar that well. So I build them.