Music mania

After spending time at the migration music festival I was bounced into a possibly false state of joy. Having been here for one and a half years I came to believe that there was not really much happening in the way of culture outside of the many cultural happenings which are native to Taiwan and Asia. I am from Canada and frequent folk and multicultural festivals with my family but have felt such a void since coming to Taiwan. Then it happened… The migration music festival. Does anyone know where I can find a list of more music festivals and strange happenings around Taipei area. I do admit that not being a local I likely miss many great events but maybe someone out there is connected enought to post about some great happenings of the past and future. Thanks in advance

d

Last Saturday there was an excellent music festival held behind the Taipei County Government building. It featured Aborigine groups from Asia, which I suppose is what led someone to dub it with the unfortunate slogan of “Primitive Power.” :?

I would have posted about it in advance had I known, but I just stumbled onto it on the way back from Yingge. When I arrived, on stage was a trio from Okinawa (I think): a guitarist/vocalist and two drummers who were layin’ down a fine groove. The deadheads here would have especially appreciated them, I think.

After them came a number of groups from Taiwan, mainly from Lanyu.

Excellent.

Banqiao is getting better and better.