Music to Run To

My exercise routine has changed recently to running workouts. Running is hard for big guy like me, but it melts the fat off much faster than gym workouts.

Anyway, I’ve been listening to the same songs on my iPod for quite some time, and want to put together a new list of songs to run to for the next few months. What are your recommendations? I have a bias for loud, intense, evocative music.

Thanks.

Tomas -
Soundtrack to Iron Man 2

It will get you pumpin and humpin …available at your local Pirate… :wink:

Rocky soundtracks.

I enjoy metal and punk. I routinely jog to Bad Religion, Pennywise, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and lately added Rise Against. You can get into some good rhythms with your locomotion.
Album sides by Rush and Yes are fun too. Don’t know if that’s your thing or not.

The Police.

Cradle of Filth or Laibach. Especially Laibach, it’s very rhythmic.

Love them, but not hard enough for me. I need a serious beat to motivate me.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Tomas -
Soundtrack to Iron Man 2

It will get you pumpin and humpin …available at your local Pirate… :wink:[/quote]

I’ve got a few AC/DC songs on my list :thumbsup: Great band.

It’s silly music, I know, but I love the Rocky movies. I’ve got the Rocky theme on my list. Can’t bring myself to put Eye of the Tiger on there. It’s too silly, and jimipresley would disown me.

[quote=“k.k.”]I enjoy metal and punk. I routinely jog to Bad Religion, Pennywise, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and lately added Rise Against. You can get into some good rhythms with your locomotion.
Album sides by Rush and Yes are fun too. Don’t know if that’s your thing or not.[/quote]

I like Black Sabbath and Rush. Red Barchetta is a must. I’ll check out Rise Against.

Never heard of them, but I checked out Laibach online, a few songs. Not my thing. What are good songs from Cradle or Filth?

For workout music I like trance electronica, some of which meets your criteria. You might take a listen to The Chemical Brothers. They’re a loud, intense, evocative dance-beats band from the UK. For me the dance rhythm works great for running and cycling. Especially recommend albums are Dig Your Own Hole, Push the Button, and Exit Planet Dust. I recommend these 3 because they’re well tested at making me lose track of what I’m doing and how hard I’m working. I don’t listen to them unless I’m working out.

Believe, from Push the Button, has been reliable when pushing hard:

For workout music I like trance electronica, some of which meets your criteria. You might take a listen to The Chemical Brothers. They’re a loud, intense, evocative dance-beats band from the UK. For me the dance rhythm works great for running and cycling. Especially recommend albums are Dig Your Own Hole, Push the Button, and Exit Planet Dust. I recommend these 3 because they’re well tested at making me lose track of what I’m doing and how hard I’m working. I don’t listen to them unless I’m working out.

Believe, from Push the Button, has been reliable when pushing hard:

[/quote]

That’s some good shit there (the weird video notwithstanding). Thanks for the recommendation.

I like stuff like Lunatic Fringe, In a Big Country, Van Halen, Kings of Leon, the Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, etc. Anything that pumps my blood up. Now, I’m off to bed to get a bit of sleep before my morning run.

For a nerd like me, I love OC Remix. It’s a site that does versions of video games songs from my childhood. It doesn’t just do any one style of music; it does everything from string quartet versions of Super Mario to heavy metal Castlevania and trance Pac Man. There are over 2000 songs, all free downloads. I’d say a good portion of the last year I’ve spent listening to tracks from it… I’ve lost 60 kilos (mainly biking).

I go with a nice mix of punk (of the hardcore variety: Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat), metal (of the cheezy variety: Guns N’ Roses and Skid Row) and quality hip-hop (Brother Ali, Pharcyde, Non-Phixion).

And, of course, the Wugazi.

Never heard of them, but I checked out Laibach online, a few songs. Not my thing. What are good songs from Cradle or Filth?[/quote]

Cradle of Filth: The whole of the Midian album which is probably their most commercial album. Songs: Her Ghost in the Fog, The Death of Love, From the Cradle to Enslave. Actually there are many because they had a lot of albums.