Music tracks from DVD

Can anyone tell me how I can get the music tracks from a DVD onto a CD to play in the car? Is it possible?

Thanks

use smart ripper or dvd decrypter to rip audio only, then convert with any frontend you’re familiar with.

Thanks for that 5566, now is it possible to repeat slowly in English!
I copy the disc, there are two files shown : Audio_TS and Video_TS the audio file has nothing in it??

first, take off your gloves :smiley: then enable stream processing in smartripper (works the same with other rippers). once you selected stream processing, you can choose the (only) audio stream you want to keep. basically, it means that you have to unselect all subtitles and vob’s (video). it will rip an ac3 audio file to your hard drive. after that, simply use any frontend (px3…) to convert that file to the format you want (mp3, wav…).

there are probably applications that will rip/convert a dvd soundtrack automatically to mp3 or wav, google for it.

This one seems to be a good one, but it’s not free (US$30 or something like that). You can download a trial and convert 5 minutes of soundtrack just to try it out if you like. imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

I’m still looking for something completely free, but there doesn’t seem to be much out there.

5566, I can tell you right now that fryingscotsman will still not consider what you wrote “English”. :stuck_out_tongue:

looks like i had a bad english teacher… :unamused: most of you guys are teachers… so, yeah, it sux :smiley:

[quote=“5566”]it means that you have to unselect all subtitles and vob’s (video). it will rip an ac3 audio file to your hard drive.[/quote]The .VOB file contains the video,audio and subtitles multiplexed in one file. If you rip the audio only you will still be left with a .VOB file that needs to be demuxed into an ac3 file. Then that has to be transcoded into a .mp3, or for burning to a CD, a .WAV, for which you have to reverse the charge on the plasma couplings and recalibrate the tachyon matrix.

Jeezuz; I will buy the soundtrack!

But thanks for trying 5566, I must have been off skool that day !

looks like I had a bad English teacher… :unamused: most of you guys are teachers… so, yeah, it sux :smiley:[/quote]

Haha. I meant it was a bit technical for him. I have to admit I’m finding it hard to do this too.

i was just teasing… :raspberry:

[quote=“fryingscotsman”]Can anyone tell me how I can get the music tracks from a DVD onto a CD to play in the car? Is it possible?

Thanks[/quote]
Offer Irishstu a free fish supper and get him to do it for you. It’s all about delegation.

You can use DVDshrink, free to download

i dont think it will work. a best it will rip the audio with still images.

videohelp.com/guides.php?for … 20to%20WAV

I do use it, for erm… other stuff. Fancy enlightening us as to how is can rip the audio from a DVD?

Edit: Posted at the same time you posted the links, thanks. I’ll have a look.

For those who don’t know, DVDs store audio in a different way than CDs. Why go through all the trouble with complicated programs. Find something easy that converts to a format you can use in one step: WAV, MP3, or AAC.

castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

30 day unlimited trial.

I have an opera DVD that’s still not on CD yet; it worked wonderfully.

[quote=“gary”]http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

30 day unlimited trial.[/quote]

I’ll give another thumbs up for DVD Audio Extractor. I tried a lot of the other dvd audio ripping software out there and they all had significant problems. Like they weren’t able to split tracks by chapter, or they couldn’t rip native 48khz without downsampling, or they had horrific user interfaces. DVD Audio Extractor did everything right. Plus the 30 day unlimited trial allows you to really give it a solid workout before you decide to buy it. I can listen to all my concert dvds on my ipod now.

Superb! I’ve been using this trial for a few days now and I can’t recommend it enough. Very easy to use and does just what you want. I’ll probably end up buying it.

[quote=“gary”]For those who don’t know, DVDs store audio in a different way than CDs. Why go through all the trouble with complicated programs. Find something easy that converts to a format you can use in one step: WAV, MP3, or AAC.

castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

30 day unlimited trial.

I have an opera DVD that’s still not on CD yet; it worked wonderfully.[/quote]

So what file type do you save for playing in car cd? :s