Must Have Albums to have on an IPod

[quote=“Tigerman”]

[/quote]

Oh sweet lord almighty. I LOVE LOVED that Aretha album. Had it when it came out and it got stolen from me. That’s the best one to have. And Carole King “Tapestry” yes that woman rocks!!!

Man TM, by the time you get thru, I’ll won’t have anymore GBs
:bravo: :laughing:

I’ve never really heard any bluegrass, but I’m open to it. Thanks for the suggestions. Any other genres I’m missing.

I remember House music.(Pre 90s) Anyone got any good links to some house music? It’s a Chicago thing…

Don’t nobody laugh… I cannot stand Michael Jackson… but, this record was fun…

[quote=“Namahottie”]Oh sweet lord almighty. I LOVE LOVED that Aretha album. Had it when it came out and it got stolen from me. That’s the best one to have. And Carole King “Tapestry” yes that woman rocks!!!

Man TM, by the time you get through, I’ll won’t have anymore GBs
:bravo: :laughing:[/quote]

I have all this stuff I’m posting… let me know if you want to borrow anything to upload.

Yes you have. The theme tune to the Beverly Hillbillies is bluegrass! :slight_smile:

Yes you have. The theme tune to the Beverly Hillbillies is bluegrass! :slight_smile:[/quote]

That’s right!

Freddie King was one of Jerry Garcia’s favorite guitar players:

And here was another of his favorites:

[quote]HELLO. The best Hip Hop group of all time. Althought recently I just saw Source mag saying Outcast is the greastest. [color=darkred]NOT[/color]. Midnight Marauder isn’t the best one. Low End Theory is my fava=Check the Rhyme = Best all time Hip Hop song in my book.
[/quote]
I never value opinions of crappy magazines like Source or Rolling Stone. Low End Theory is awesome and should also be on your iPod. There are some tracks on Midnight Marauder I really relate to (Midnight, 8 Million Stories) so I picked that one.

[quote]Dear God, Crobar? That place used to suck. I went there a couple of times. The Real World Chicago was filmed right around the corner. Are you from Chicago? If so, you should be giving me some good House music. :smiling_imp: :laughing:
[/quote]
I’m from New York. Never went to Crobar (or Chicago for that matter) so I can’t vouch for the place, but the album is good. I have lots of great house tracks that I like, but not necessarily albums. I suggest you check out Proton Radio (www.protonradio.com) which 60% of the time actually does have the best house music in the world.

[quote]Fave disco song, and best Sex in the City episode has that song.
[/quote]
My favorite is Shake It Up Tonight.

[quote]
Love Supreme is good. But Birth of the Cool :no-no: IMO “Kind of Blue” is the Shitzzzz. Fo Rezzzal.[/quote]
Sorry, Birth of the Cool speaks to me, as does my favorite Miles Davis album Porgy & Bess. I like Kind of Blue but it just doesn’t click with me.

Oh okay. I ran into Barbra Striesand in an elevator once.

Ohh I forgot about that album. I used to have it back in HS. Loved it. Okay. I’m coming over. Just tell me what beer to bring. Because I see you’ve got the collection that would make me happy as socialite at a Barney’s sale.

[quote]My favorite is Shake It Up Tonight.[/quote]Never heard it. Will look for it.

Oh okay. I ran into Barbra Striesand in an elevator once.[/quote]
So what was she like. I heard she’s ‘standoffish’ to put it nicely. :laughing:

Anyone got the SugarCubes?

[quote]
So what was she like. I heard she’s ‘standoffish’ to put it nicely. :laughing:[/quote]
She was no different from any other person one might meet in an elevator. Perhaps she is standoffish but her behavior was at least common elevator etiquette for New York. She had a hat pulled over her head so at first all I saw was this HUGE nose. I thought, “DAMN! That is a huge nose! If I didn’t know any better I’d think she… Oh wait, she IS Barbra Streisand!” We didn’t really talk, I just said, “Oh, you’re Barbra Streisand,” and she nodded.

Funk Parliament’s Chocolate City, Funkadelic’s Maggot Brain, any Zapp album, Sly and the Family Stone’s Fresh, James Brown’s It’s A Man’s Man’s World, The Gap Band III
Hip Hop/Rap 2pac’s All Eyez On Me, Warren G’s Regulate… The G Funk Era, Digital Underground’s Sex Packets, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
Pop Hall & Oates’ Private Eyes, Michael Jackson’s Thriller, The Who’s Who’s Next
R&B All Maxwell albums, Stevie Wonder’s Songs in Key of Life, R. Kelly’s 12 Play and Happy People albums, Anthony Hamilton’s Coming From Where I’m From, Luther Vandross’ self-titled album, The Isley Brothers’ 3+3, The Stylistics’ self-titled album, Boyz II Men’s Winter/Reflections, Keith Martin’s It’s Long Overdue
Jazz Miles Davis’ Birth of the Cool, Miles Davis’ ‘Round ‘Bout Midnight
Gospel Sounds of Blackness’ The Evolution of Gospel
Easy Listening Air Supply’s Lost In Love, The Carpenter’s Then & Now, The Eagles’ Hotel California
Soundtracks Jason’s Lyric, Shaft, The Graduate, Superfly, The Woman In Red

[quote=“gaboman”]Funk Parliament’s Chocolate City, Funkadelic’s Maggot Brain, any Zapp album, Sly and the Family Stone’s Fresh, James Brown’s It’s A Man’s Man’s World, The Gap Band III
Hip Hop/Rap 2pac’s All Eyez On Me, Warren G’s Regulate… The G Funk Era, Digital Underground’s Sex Packets, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
Pop Hall & Oates’ Private Eyes, Michael Jackson’s Thriller, The Who’s Who’s Next
R&B All Maxwell albums, Stevie Wonder’s Songs in Key of Life, R. Kelly’s 12 Play and Happy People albums, Anthony Hamilton’s Coming From Where I’m From, Luther Vandross’ self-titled album, The Isley Brothers’ 3+3, The Stylistics’ self-titled album, Boyz II Men’s Winter/Reflections, Keith Martin’s It’s Long Overdue
Jazz Miles Davis’ Birth of the Cool, Miles Davis’ ‘Round ‘Bout Midnight
Gospel Sounds of Blackness’ The Evolution of Gospel
Easy Listening Air Supply’s Lost In Love, The Carpenter’s Then & Now, The Eagles’ Hotel California
Soundtracks Jason’s Lyric, Shaft, The Graduate, Superfly, The Woman In Red[/quote]

Hmm, I need out of your list the following

The Gap Band III
DHall & Oates
Maxwell
Luther Vandross’s self titled album
The Isley Brother’s 3+3
The Stylistics
Birth of the Cool since it’s meantioned 2x
Eagles

Anyone got any Steel Pulse? :smiley:

If you have them, can you email them to me? Thanks

The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy and the Lash