Must see's and do's in Singapore and Malaysia---Advice please!

Cheap is good. Market and street food is good. Cannot splurge too much. Budget is not tight but luxury is not within my range.

Last time you gusy recommended Holland Village. Hope that still stands.

I am a bit concerned everywhere I wanna go takes 30 minutes or more by MRT. Hope I am not picking the wrong side of town. All I aske dteh agent was to book me next to an MRT station.

I thought you said your family had a Centenarian gene! :wink:

Yep, but also high blood pressure and a lot of stress!

Where will you want to go? You’re probably close to either Farrer Park, Little India, Rochor or Jalan Besar MRT stations. It will only take you a few minutes to get to most places in the downtown area.

I wouldn’t recommend a special trip to Holland Village unless there are specific restaurants or shops that you want to visit. Definitely go to Mustafa Centre if you would like to bring back food items that are hard to find in Taiwan.

Yep, exactly there.

Dunno about bringing rare food items…unless they have platanos there, which I would break every law in Taiwan to bring. Oh, delicious ripe plantain, how much I miss you.

I think you can pay 20 Singapore dollars and get a tourist yoyo card and it is for 3 days. You can use it on the MRT and for bus rides and it is unlimited.

1 Like

You’ll find a lot of reasonable food in the Little India area. Try Saravana Bhavan, Komala Vilas and the food stalls in the Tekka Market. Scissor Cut Curry Rice on Jalan Besar is an institution and very popular.

I never Goes Singapore or Malaysia but it is True They both are Very Beautiful Destination.

Please cross-post!

How

Singapore so far:

Tiabo. Chinglish is hard. Their MandarĂ­n is not my cup of tea.

Escalators move fast. Bigger problem when the hand rest band moves faster than the escalator itself.

Brain spatial orientation and other travel skills are gone. Too pampered by Taiwan easy access. Lost so many times it ain’t funny. Help!

1 Like

Lost in Singapore? That place is like the size of a postage stamp! Are you sure you’re drinking enough fluids?

Now that you ask, yes. I am afraid I am turning into Betty White’s Rose from the Golden Girls in my old age.

Heck right off Taipei I dropped both passport and ARC…

C’mon, you’re not that old. Sounds like dehydration to me. Try taking some vitamin B12 and see if it helps with the brain fog. A little chili crab wouldn’t hurt either.

1 Like

Roger that. Currently engaged in munching much-needed B12:

IMG_20180322_124831

2 Likes

Did you visit sentosa island yet?

Looks not bad, but you should be eating hawker food.

Nope. Not sure yet if I will. As said, I can’t go to the amusement park and I do not like zoos.

I have a walking tour later in the afternoon and I am looking into a boat trip for the evening. Gotta fit a visit to the Botanical gardens and that’s it.

China Airlines blew it with the plane food and I have been hurting ever since. But point me in the direction of hawkers and I will do my best.

Last night my pal took me to a place where we had fish soup and something like a Taiwanese ruen ping. I also tried the egg jelly sandwich, pretty good.

Hard to go wrong with a hawker center, but here are some of the biggest/best known. After China Airlines food, everything is gourmet…

1 Like