Mute/Unmute topics

Oh jesus. He’s gone rogue on us…

Oh shit, I done fucked up

1 Like

thisistheend :happyrunningaround:

1 Like

RickRoll email me at admin at forumosa.com

So what you’re saying @tempogain is that you want me to resurrect more old threads ? Sorry , turned all Liberal for a moment . I’m ok now and I understand and will desist wherever possible . There may be instances where things are getting out of hand and I feel the need :joy:. Don’t worry , I think I will be in hospital so you can relax :yum: that global warming got me in the end :pensive:

2 Likes

Silence is golden!

5 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be working for me.

This is what’s promised:
muted

But after muting certain forums, when I go to “Latest” they’re still there. :idunno:

1 Like

Have you replied in those threads in the past? I believe those need to be individually muted. Your earlier replies “bypass” the muting, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Nope, even stuff I’ve never participated in is still there.

1 Like

Yeah, you don’t need to actually post something for the tracking to be turned on.
After muting the forum categories/subforum, you need to change the notification of the threads to “normal” or lower.

There’s a discussion here: Prevent topics of muted categories from showing up in summary email - feature - Discourse Meta. With the classic Jeff Atwood response, that you’re the problem.

Anyways, xenforo is better than discourse.

1 Like

No infinite scroll. Even with its issues, I don’t think we’re going back to pagination.

I have the entire Politics forum muted, but Taiwan Politics seems to escape the gagging - any idea why?

Muting Politics won’t help I think. You should mute the individual forums under it the same way.

1 Like

Well, I don’t see any US Politics, despite recent posts there?