Mutual attraction but differing life paths

Hi
I’m a foreign white male that’s been friends with a Taiwanese woman for many years, mainly through social media as we both work and travel lots, sometimes our paths really do cross and it’s a moment we both know could start something more. I’ve tried to make it clear that I’m attracted to her but I have commitments away from Taiwan that I cannot and will not change. She’s always been accepting of this but a few times I’ve definitely felt she needs more. I guess I don’t know why she does not argue more with me or make any demands.
I’m being overly dramatic but it feels like that Wong Kar Wai film “in the mood for love”
Maybe I should end it as in the movie.

2 Likes

From the little bit of what I’ve learned about women: All women want to get married. Even the ones that claim they don’t want to get married, that’s just a tactic to get a guy to marry them later. And btw, the girl doesn’t even have to understand this.
Many young women just learning about life may truly not want to get married, for now. But once they learn about life and get older, they almost all switch and all of sudden want to get married.

1 Like

You’ve had more than one girlfriend? :notworthy:

4 Likes

yeah, after my second gf, I got my credentials in the mail from the club of all-knowing things of women :roll:

3 Likes

I’d say her values are corrupted
But she’s open to change
Then one day she’s satisfied
And the next I’ll find her crying
And it’s nothing she can explain
(86) The Bangles - If She Knew What She Wants (Official Video) - YouTube

1 Like

Because they’re hardwired for this. In the old days single women or widows are considered nobody, they don’t even have a right to live.

This is why in ancient culture a man can take multiple wives, or why a brother marries his wife if the brother dies, because the woman will die if she is widowed.

1 Like

“If Dunning-Kruger taught me anything…”

5 Likes

So . . . what exactly is this thread about? :thinking:

Guy

2 Likes

It’s about how attraction happens but life events pull you in another direction.

1 Like