My 11yr old daughter is being sued - can you believe it ?!

Haha, for newbies we should add the following story:
[Waiguo = foreign country, right]

She: Yes Mr. Waiguoren, I will live for you in your country.
[Marriage / short time in Waiguo]

She: Divorce or Taiwan
She: Please: only for 1 year! I promise then we move back
He: OK OK, now can you wear that [censored] again for me…

[one year in Taipei / two years in Taipei / … ]

He: [becomes a frequent poster on Forumosa /
they are planning to have kids /
because she said they will move back to Waiguo when the kid is 1 year old
]
:upyours: :yay: :dance: :roflmao:

The future: The kid is now 30, wears blue slippers, rides a scooter and chews on beetlenut … guess where he lives with his parents

:laughing: :wall: :moped:

To get back on topic: … um … yeah … at least I mentioned a scooter!

Apple Daily ran a story on Friday of a woman that was knocked over by a scooter outside her house and then fined NT$360 for not using a zebra crossing 50 yards away to cross her 21-foot alleyway. (The scooter rider took full responsibility for the accident.)

If that was worth printing (with photos) then this story of an 11-year old girl being knocked over and then ordered to pay damages would be too.

Logic is inverse here.

Be the victim and you are fined by police.

:loco: must be the Tofu, I always thought this could cause brain damage

Huh? A scooter hit your daughter at the edge of the road and you are offering to compensate the scooter rider? Why???[/quote]

Rule of Law. Taiwan style. Ask Annette Lu. She’ll tell you Taiwan is a country where the Rule of Law and Human Rights are important. And everyone lives in perfect harmony. Side by side on my piano keyboard. So why can’t we?[/quote]

If this is the rule of law than I should have paid the guy who cut me with his car, that I was hurt didn’t really matter than … hellohow … is this moron country … in a my home country the scooter has to pay the pedestrian victim it hit … but yes, this is Taiwan and the one that screams the loudest will get the most money … duh

And about the 3K US$, I got 35,000 NT$ to repair my scooter cover my medical expenses and cover the days I couldn’t op my eatery … what do you think? 3K US$ sounds like bull … a bunch of gaugers … :loco:

It’s ludicrous. What can you say? It’s Taiwan. One of those things. Litigation culture has finally arrived. If anything goes wrong in your life you’re a victim and someone must pay. All risks in life are insurable so let’s say goodbye to common sense. Cloud cuckoo land. :raspberry:

This country is pure insanety.

I guess I have to get out soon or I end up saying

helllllooooooooooooooooo

to foreigners with a big grin in my face.

This morning I drove to work with my wife and she said:

do not drive past that car, it has black lights and is black, so it is a Mafia car.

Yeah, yeah, I guess a Taiwan judge would fine me for 100 000 NT if I take over a Mafia car. ROC-Mafia-vehicles are protected here I guess.

Taiwan. Sillyvania.

This story just makes me hate Taiwan more. It’s like a jungle here. Free for all.
I say take some lighter fluid and matches and have some fun. For that, I’ll gladly pay the 65,000.

I’m all for Bubba2Guns proposal of getting a scooter, hitting the driver as she jaywalks (just a matter of time here, really), and then suing her for $65,000.

I was victimized back in 1999 by another negligent driver. I was a stop sign at the south side of an intersection and inched forward slightly to see around a truck with a tinted truck cap parked right at the corner of the intersection. The driver who was speeding down the crossing street from east to west in their SUV, panicked, swerved to the left (I was out only a few feet) then overcorrected by crossing the DOUBLE white lines taking off the front end of my car (there were skid marks showing where and how far they had crossed over the line), then overcorrected again by driving over the curb on their side of the road again and rolled over. Neither driver was wearing a seatbelt. They refused treatment on site.

The officer who came to examine the site stood…STOOD where my car was and said he could see perfectly well. The bastard was also more than 6 feet tall. Far taller than I was SITTING IN A CAR. I was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign. Absolutely no blame was put on them. Not for speeding, not for crossing the line, not for failure to use headlights or wear seatbelts, nor for inability to control their vehicle.

Their insurance company then sued me for their medical expenses and their SUV being totaled. The only damage my car did was get paint on their rear (yes, rear) tire rim. They, however, tore the front end of my car off…with their back tire before they drove over a curb two lanes over and flipped over. No, officer, they never crossed that line and they certainly weren’t speeding in a way to cause them to lose control of their vehicle. :unamused:

Despite the fact that my step-grandfather and my grandmother were at a party a few days after the accident where the driver was bragging about how they were going to sue the pants off me, not knowing the person in question was the step-granddaughter of his cousin. He was seen dancing at this party. His passenger, the abusive ex-boyfriend of my best friend, was playing basketball at this party. They later claimed they had severe back and neck damage from the accident and their insurance company paid for their bills and the purchase of a new vehicle, no questions asked.

I. however, am still dealing with the consequences, financially, physically, and legally, 7 years later…

Court will go with the little girl for sure. Here there is some unofficial policy of regardless of the situation the person in the smallest vehicle in this case no vehicle usually wins. Unless the one in the big vehicle is more sympathetic.

Good luck.

[quote=“idunno”]Court will go with the little girl for sure. Here there is some unofficial policy of regardless of the situation the person in the smallest vehicle in this case no vehicle usually wins. Unless the one in the big vehicle is more sympathetic.

Good luck.[/quote]
Erm. The girl’s 16 by now and has probably forgotten about it years ago. :laughing:
Its called gravedigging and is a grave offence on the flob.

Wow, I opened the thread fully expecting to read another “Those god-damn jaywalkers, always running out into the road in front of my scooter!” response (Good thing it wasn’t Mordeth that hit someone) and was pleasantly surprised. I had to read the rest of the thread to reassure myself that this is, in fact, Forumosa.

So what happened? This is one exhumation I’d be interested in.

I haven’t read all the posts yet, but according to the street sign, with the tall man in the hat holding the hand of a young child, pedestrians have the right of way.

I’m personally going to get a t-shirt with this sign made, and a portable airhorn to promote it to those who violate my rights.

By the way there is no such thing as a law regarding the state of the motorcycle’s front tyre. Also brakes are neither tested in the yearly inspection and so cannot simply be the responsibility of the owner/rider. The police are not responsible for making those defects part of their report.