My ARC expiration date is different with my employment contract?

Hello I am new to this forum.

I just want to know if there is someone here that has similar situation. I got a job following my graduation here in September last year, hence I change my ARC from job seeker once I get the contract. However, the contract is only from September to December 2022. So, I thought the expiration of my ARC would be on December 31st, but when it was arrived apparently it’s in September 2023, a year basically. Should I worry about this? FYI, I already signed a new contract (with same employer), it is said from Jan-Dec 2023.

Are you saying that the ARC expires in Sept 2023?

My situation was the same–my work ARC expiration date was a couple of months different than my employment contract. It was never a problem. Just make sure that you allow plenty of time before your ARC expires in September to ensure your employer has your work permit and other documents you need to bring to Immigration to renew your ARC.

Yes, correct.

Okay thanks for sharing your experience. I thought the immigration office made a mistake, by deciding the validity of my ARC to be a year, not based on the contract I brought when I applied. I should ask this beforehand to them.

Your contract must be for a year to get an ARC. Your company has probably supplied a fake contract to get it and a shorter one to you. Then when you leave after three months, they just cancel your ARC. Since you are continuing with them, it doesn’t matter.

You can’t just get a three month ARC.

2 Likes

Hahaha sorry if it’s dumb question. I overthink about this recently. I’ll make sure my employer preparing all the documents necessary by the next time I want to renew my ARC. Thanks