My fish just exploded

My fish had had a growth of some kind on his stomach for several weeks. It has slowly got bigger and bigger.
Just now, in a mass of flailing flippers and white water, it exploded.
Said fish now has a big hole in his stomach but is quite alive.
I can’t imagine anything having gaping holes in their body wanting to live.
Should I kill it?

Oy! Poor fish! :astonished:

Clean the bugger’s water and add some medication to it.
Hope it recovers!

Feed it some spaghetti.

Sounds like a paragrah from “Der Schwarm”, by Frank Schaetzing.

You should check out the “Buy-sell” forum, and check out the

“To Buy: Headless Bass” thread…

today might be your lucky day.

We need to run through all the symptoms here.

Prior to the stomach explosion, did you notice a tiny little piscine “face-hugger” on your fish?

If so, killing it’s no good . . . it’s already too late :astonished:

Yeah, that happened to my little brother when he was 4 years old. We flushed him down the toilet. Rest In Peace, Joey!

I don’t think that’s a proper way to give your brother a funeral.

[quote=“puiwaihin”]
I don’t think that’s a proper way to give your brother a funeral.[/quote]

nah, it would be no problem in the states.

FLUSH the f**king piss-miserable half-dead fish, jeezus, what’s wrong with you?! :laughing:

I am NOT about to flush a living animal down the crapper; which by the way consists of water and shit.
Fish like to live in water - it sustains their life. The shit will likely as not enter the wound causing all manner of I-don’t-know-what.
I would not inflict this style of execution on my worst enemy (ex-girlfriend) so I will not be doing this to a fish that has given me much pleasure over the months.
Ahh. I fondly recall how it would viciously fight the other fish, only unbeknownst to him, he was fighting his own reflection due to the mirror strategically placed along side the tank.
I was thinking of draining the water out so it suffocates. Lind of like a drowning in reverse.

Lind of like a drowning except in reverse? Is that linda like King Midas except in forward? And how bout the spaghetti anywho? Any luck with that?

Can you imagine the agony of slowly suffocating? If you’re going to euthanize the fish, you want to kill it quickly, you silly rabbit!
Let’s help think of as many ways as we can to instantly put the poor thing out of it’s misery, shall we?.

1. sever the spinal cord just below the head with scissors
  2. a large sledgehammer
  3. the nearest road and a blue truck
  4. 400-degree boiling oil
  5. show it a picture of the vice president and let it die of fright
  6. feed it to a starving stray and solve two problems at once
  7. show it a picture of MJ and let it die laughing
  8. drop it in a glass of Belgian beer and let it die happy and drunk
  9. drop it in an iced slurry, which will numb and then put it to sleep forever
  10. tape it to a handgrenade and toss it into a blue rally

Hope this helps!

Have you considered taking it to a vet?

Does the fish look like its in pain or overly stressed? Is it swimming around in its normal fashion? Since the fish is still alive, perhaps, the wound may heal on its own.

[quote]My fish had had a growth of some kind on his stomach for several weeks. It has slowly got bigger and bigger.

You let the fish suffer for several weeks and now you are suddenly concerned about it. Sounds to me as though you should’ve acted a lot sooner.

Just hope you don’t have any other fish floating around in the tank.

[/quote]

You let the fish suffer for several weeks and now you are suddenly concerned about it. Sounds to me as though you should’ve acted a lot sooner.

Just hope you don’t have any other fish floating around in the tank.

PS: Excuse the format of my previous post.

Havilina - i understand your pain but please don’t lash out at me. I’ve only just returned from the UK and had left the fish with a friend. Seems they are the cruel bastards.

Anyhow thanks for the all the advice, but Fishy Mcfish (forgot to name him) snuffed it during the night.

I will be holding a burial service next to the tree in Yong Her. Funeral cortege will depart Taipei cathedral at 2pm, winding it’s way around XimenDing. Can’t afford a hearse so will strap fish to back of remote controlled jeep toy while I control it from back of scooter proceeding.

Just as a historical note:

1st fish died because i took a close up flash photo of it.
2nd fish got pissed off at me because i killed all it’s babies - thought it was fish poo.
3rd fish committed suicide - jumped out of tank, got eaten alive by ants.
4th fish exploded.

Note to self - don’t have children.

Please tell me this is some type of terrible joke :loco: Kill the fish!! Put it on your cutting board or whatever you want to use and chop it’s poor little head off!!

Having trouble reading Honour?

THe fish is dead

being buried by THE tree in Yong he

I didn’t think Yong He was quite the bad, does it really only have one tree?

I think it’s the first time this year that I’ve laughed out loud at anything. I think if I went to live in wangdooodle’s tank I’d die happy. But my deepest sympathy with your loss.

RIP One Tree Fish.