My money in China Trust

[quote=“hexuan”]My company banks with China Trust. Here’s a good joke: All cards have to be changed over to those IC cards by [whenever]. However, China Trust thinks foreigners are not allowed to have IC cards (yes I know) so won’t give them to foreigners.
[/quote]

I just went down to China Trust to ask about IC cards, and 15minutes later walked out with a shiny, new IC card.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“hexuan”]My company banks with China Trust. Here’s a good joke: All cards have to be changed over to those IC cards by [whenever]. However, China Trust thinks foreigners are not allowed to have IC cards (yes I know) so won’t give them to foreigners.
[/quote]

I just went down to China Trust to ask about IC cards, and 15minutes later walked out with a shiny, new IC card.[/quote]

Good, obviously aplicy change has been made. I can still use my old one to withdraw money, so I’ll wait until I can’t before getting an IC card. (What are IC cards good for?)

Sometime in March is the deadline when Taiwan ATMs are supposed to stop accepting domestic mag-stripe cards. If you haven’t replaced it by then, you won’t be able to use ATMs any more.

I can pay my Chinatrust credit card through the atm, have been doing this for a few years. The id no for foreignors used by most banks is year, month and day of birth in format YYYYMMDD plus the first two latters of your surname.

Smashing. I’m sure they’ll move that deadline though.

I can pay my Chinatrust credit card through the atm, have been doing this for a few years. The id no for foreignors used by most banks is year, month and day of birth in format YYYYMMDD plus the first two latters of your surname.[/quote]

I can too. Can’t say I like it though. What if you make a mistake?

Acording to news articles today, starting Wednesday, March 1, mag stripe ATM cards will only work at the bank that issued the card. You will need an IC card to use a different bank’s ATM, or to make bank transfers to a different bank.