My Poll Numbers Are Down: Let Me Woo Blacks

So George W. Bush finally realised that in AMerica there are a lot of black people and went off to give a speech to the NAACP yesterday.

He was given a lukewarm yet polite reception.

Is one really supposed to believe that this president really gives a shit about them? If he was soaring in the polls, my guess is that he wouldn’t go anywhere near the NAACP; preferring instead to have America’s swarthier citizens do his gardening or serve him his White House breakfast.

He harped on about the party of Abraham Lincoln blah blah blah. At the end of the day, it was just a cynical and very late in the day move to try and save Republican congressional candidates collective asses in the forthcoming mid-term elections in which his party, the party of Abraham Lincoln, will undoubtedly be roundly trounced.

Ha ha (to quote fierce champion of oppressed minorities, Freda Schmalz)

BroonAssociationForThe AdvancementOfCrapPosts

Hmmm I realize that it is Friday but just what kind of nonsense does Broon Ale want to post today to rile up the calm waters of Forumosa?

Okay…

Gosh. I was wondering when the shoe was going to drop.

Yeah, Condi and Colin were just fronts. Secretly they did Bush’s laundry and served him meals while pretending to hold high offices. haha especially compared to all the high-level appointments that Clinton made to our “swarthier” citizens? haha

I live in hope. Three months is quite a while and given the Democrats and their “leadership” I look forward to having plenty of ammo to work with.

I wouldn’t mind oppressing you. Speaking of which, give me a call. I have something I need to discuss with you. :smiling_imp:

Well, there’s something we both can concur with.

I agree with Fred here, and trust me that doesn’t happen a lot. This is a worthless thread based on a incoherent and unsubstansiated rant. Despite what Kanye West said, Bush almost certainly has no disdain for blacks and has done nithing to intentionally hinder the advancement of colored people in the US. Bush has one of the most ethnically diverse administrations ever, the problem is that it is not ideologically diverse. There was no reason for Bush to speak to the NAACP. The speech, as I read in the news, did nothing to change minorities’ hearts about the REpublican Party (their policies did them in long ago) and come November he will be a lame duck anyway. I for one, though I am no longer a fan of his administration, respect Bush for making the appearence and pledging his support for the continuation of the legislation that has worked to alleviate the oppression of minority voters in the US.

It’s not at all necessary to woo black voters, just strike them off the electoral roll. It works because if you get enough well-dressed Republicans together to go “Nooo! Don’t be silly! That’s preposterous!” everyone believes them. That’s the strange thing about Republicans. I think they’re great. And you have to admit crevats and boaters are cool.

Well he got my vote when he reminded me about what Ole Massa Lincoln done for us. :unamused:

His name-dropping sounded, to me at least, like he was saying “Some of my best friends are black”.

His name-dropping sounded, to me at least, like he was saying “Some of my best friends are black”.[/quote]

Usually one would name drop people who are alive…

Does George Bush have a racist bone in his body?

Not at all

Would George Bush dig up MLK’s body and burn it on a fiery cross if Karl Rove told him it would get two more votes in South Carolina?

[quote=“MikeN”]Does George Bush have a racist bone in his body?

Not at all

Would George Bush dig up MLK’s body and burn it on a fiery cross if Karl Rove told him it would get two more votes in South Carolina?

…[/quote]

:laughing: you funny.

Can’t really blame Bush for declining to appear before the NAACP prior to now. Was it Julian Bond who was the President before? Yeah I think I’m correct . . . anywho . . . he was quite adamantly anti-Bush, anti-Republican. The guy currently serving as Pres (his name escapes me) is from corporate America and attempting to moderate some of the voices in the NAACP, so the organization is not seen as soooo partisan, and therefore more able to influence folks in high places regardless of party affiliation.

As Mikey and others have suggested this IS simply an exercise to help out Congressional Republicans up for reelection this Fall.

Hey, totally off topic, but did you all hear the good news? Katherine Harris of Florida Election 2000 fame has announced she is cancer free. So now she can continue to run against Sen. Nelson, incumbent (dem). Woo hoo!! :wink:

Bodo

Paul Krugman wrote an excellent article about why blacks distrust Bush, and the rest of the Republicans:

Black and Blue By PAUL KRUGMAN

July 24, 2006
Op-Ed Columnist

[i]According to the White House transcript, here’s how it went last week, when President Bush addressed the N.A.A.C.P. for the first time:

THE PRESIDENT: “I understand that many African-Americans distrust my political party.”

AUDIENCE: “Yes! (Applause.)”

But Mr. Bush didn’t talk about why African-Americans don’t trust his party, and black districts are always blue on election maps. So let me fill in the blanks.[/i]

Read the rest of the article:
donkeyod.blogspot.com/2006/07/bl … ugman.html