... My rant

I’ve just been informed that the accountant of my school has decided that next year’s contract should be moved back to be signed in May instead of June.

The way I am currently paid, I get a month’s paid vacation in July and then August is paid on a part-time basis for summer school. 2008 was ok, as I had enough classes to work up 30,000 - but the year before netted me only around 6,000. That REALLY puts a dampen on the budget.

Now, with the way that they want to do it now. August will net me full-time pay, and July goes by with NO PAY. Not a single dollar, baht or even a rupee.

Any input here?

[quote=“x08”]I’ve just been informed that the accountant of my school has decided that next year’s contract should be moved back to be signed in May instead of June.

The way I am currently paid, I get a month’s paid vacation in July and then August is paid on a part-time basis for summer school. 2008 was ok, as I had enough classes to work up 30,000 - but the year before netted me only around 6,000. That REALLY puts a dampen on the budget.

Now, with the way that they want to do it now. August will net me full-time pay, and July goes by with NO PAY. Not a single dollar, baht or even a rupee.

Any input here?[/quote]

will they support you in getting a supplemental work permit at another school?

Fortunately for me, I don’t need to get a work permit. One of the good sides to being married. checks the wife isn’t reading this :whistle:

Yeaaaay a month off to go traveling! Where do you want to go? Save up first and make the most of it.