My Taiwan ARC Card is Falling Apart

I got this ARC (ID Card) about a year ago and it’s falling apart.
The plastic from the back is missing and the front is coming loose.

Do I have to pay again or did it come with a warranty? Just kidding!

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]I got this ARC (ID Card) about a year ago and it’s falling apart.
The plastic from the back is missing and the front is coming loose.

Do I have to pay again or did it come with a warranty? Just kidding![/quote]

Sorry, are you kidding about the warranty, the paying again, or the card falling apart? :ohreally:

Within one year no extra charge. NIA will issue a new one if you pay a visit.

You clearly don’t love your Taiwan ARC card enough. (Or maybe you’re loving it a bit too often?)

I seem to remember having to pay 500NT for a damaged ARC years ago. I may have laminated it or something. Whatever the case, when I went to renew, they tacked on 500NT extra.

I am required to carry it with me at all times and I do so. That’s all. The fabrication should be up to the task.
Made in Taiwan!

My wife already called them and they told her that there is no charge.

I am required to carry it with me at all times and I do so.[/quote]
Required by whom? The government of this fair isle?

Mine rarely leaves the house, unless I’m travelling solo on the island, or flying away from it.
In the house, it stays in its dust & scratch protective plastic folder, unless I take it out for some light polishing and buffing, or to compare with friends.

You talking about your card or your precious Johnson here?

:roflmao:

I carry my ARC in my wallet everywhere I go and I’m not sure there is even a mark on it. My DL is another story though but it’s not even fully laminated.

I can’t imagine what you’ve been doing with it. Mine lives in my wallet, and get shuffled whenever I’m digging out my health card, credit card, telephone card, TRA card, someone’s namecard… and no sign of damage after two-plus years.
Did you get a lemon?