Name parts of Taiwan as you please

At our office, we have a special name for Lanyu: “Godzilla Island”.

For those of you who don’t know (probably not many), Lanyu (Orchid Island) is the location of a radioactive waste dump site for the island’s nuclear power plants (I suppose).

Oh and here’s a lovely tidbit regarding Taiwan politics:

[quote=“TwoTongues”]At our office, we have a special name for Lanyu: “Godzilla Island”.

For those of you who don’t know (probably not many), Lanyu (Orchid Island) is the location of a radioactive waste dump site for the island’s nuclear power plants (I suppose).

Why don’t they sell it to the Russians? I remember reading a report some years back that the Russian Nuclear Agency buys nuclear waste, does whatever needs to be done with it and stores it for a “small” fee…

Tainan City, The “Asian Mecca” for foreign dj’s, amateur alcoholics and budding photographers… :smiley:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“TwoTongues”]At our office, we have a special name for Lanyu: “Godzilla Island”.

Why don’t they sell it to the Russians? I remember reading a report some years back that the Russian Nuclear Agency buys nuclear waste, does whatever needs to be done with it and stores it for a “small” fee…[/quote]

Because what they do with it is extract PLUTONIUM from the spent rods. Not something the US of A wants.

We changed to McCoytonville.

Tu Chen= “Dirt City, R.O.C. Baby!”

Shen Keng= “Pavlovic Dou-Gan Buying Limbo”

Mu Zha -“Taipei’s Sweaty Arm Pit.”

Well they can’t both be the Armpit, I mean yeah there’re two armpits but… OK wait, so MuZha is the right pit an Banqiao the left? Besides, Mu Zha ain’t that bad, relatively speaking. How about “Mu Zha: T’aint of Taipei”, kind of captures that emotion of being in-between the bung (south taipei city) and the pink (maokhong and beyond)

Lu Zhu, Kaohsiung county - The town forsaken by Heaven…

WAnli - ten thousand miles from nowhere

How about just translating place names:

Nangang -> Southport
Jingmei -> Fairview
Lugang -> Deerport
Pingxi -> Flat Creek

金門島 (Kinmen Island) :slight_smile:

[quote=“Chris”]How about just translating place names:

Nangang -> Southport
Jingmei -> Fairview
Lugang -> Deerport
Pingxi -> Flat Creek[/quote]