Orchid Island and Taipower's Nuclear Waste

This is from the 1993 Wise International article that @biobio linked to earlier:

https://www.wiseinternational.org/nuclear-monitor/387-388/orchid-island-taiwans-nuclear-dumpsite

Does anyone know whether the above information is accurate? In May of 2010, the poster @TwoTongues pasted a Wikipedia article quote that said something similar to the above quote:

Name parts of Taiwan as you please - #21 by TwoTongues

Interestingly, though, the quote from Wikipedia was edited out of Wikipedia in February of 2012:

Orchid Island: Difference between revisions - Wikipedia

A Chinese-language Wikipedia article mentions the allegation and a similar allegation, but the article also seems to dispute them, or at least to give equal space to an opposing version of the facts.

But an English-language Wikipedia article on the Yami people also makes the allegation that the people were told that a cannery was being built.

The source cited in that Wikipedia article is a Global Voices article by I-fan Lin.

It would be nice to encounter a source that would truly settle the matter. Maybe such a source doesn’t exist.

This is from materials on the Atomic Energy Council site that @biobio linked to earlier:

I kinda don’t get that first AEC quote above. Is it that Lanyu isn’t considered part of Taiwan? I haven’t read that whole set of materials. Maybe I’m being unfair.

As to the second quote above, I wonder if the party or parties who caused the Da Fa No. 1 (大發1號 / 大發壹號) to be sent to Lanyu on that trip had gone through the process mentioned in the quote before doing so.