Nantou, anyone know about this place?

I recently heard about this place in Nantou where you can rent out an old refurbished farm house for the weekend for about $12-15000nt. Supposedly the house is huge with acres of hand. I know this is vague, but that is about all I heard. I can’t seem to find anything about it on the Internet. Has anyone heard about this??

i lived in puli, Nantou, but i never heard about that.
but i know has a lot of B&B over here or nearby Cingjing Farm and Sun Mood Lake.
maybe u can search the world of "Cingjing Farm " and “Sun Mood Lake” on the internet.
wish that`s help for u.

acres of ‘hand’, eh?

good luck finding it: i’d bet that there are a thousand mintsu there to choose from…

We went to ChingLing Farm and HeHuanshan 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. In fact, I recall being so surprised then as I had thought prior to that trip that Taiwan was all ugly city and I was so impressed with the high mountains, clean air, and scenic surroundings.

Anyway, this past weekend we went elswhere in Nantou County, to Lugu I think it was, hiking through beautiful bamboo forest, across a hundred-meter-long suspension bridge to a great waterfall, and enjoying lots of great high mountain scenery.

This beautiful place is an elementary school that was built after its predecessor was flattened in 9/21. Lucky kids who go to school there.

And I had to take a pic of these folks getting away from it all in the serenity of nature. :laughing:

I hope to return before too long, though next time I’ll bring my bike. Lots of great hills. :slight_smile:

Ahh! The great outdoors!

Pass me the ketchup!

Man! That school is almost enough to persuade me to move to Nantou. I want my kid to go to that school.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Anyway, this past weekend we went elswhere in Nantou County, to Lugu I think it was, hiking through beautiful bamboo forest, across a hundred-meter-long suspension bridge to a great waterfall, and enjoying lots of great high mountain scenery.

[/quote]

MT, can you give us more details where this was and how you got there?

2nd that, MT, details please.

Thinking about having a duck farm? :wink:

I’m not sure exactly how to get there, as my wife drove, but here’s the address: 南投縣鹿谷鄉永隆村鳳園路167號.

Here it is on googlemaps: maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

It’s just a short drive from Taichung.

Actually, I believe the above may be just the very modest b&b we spent the night in, which was no big deal at all (though it was perfectly adequate). But there seem to be lots of choices of accomodations up there (I don’t know for sure, as my two sister in laws planned it all out).

I believe this article describes the area generally
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003302354
It was great.

Here’s my daughter hiking through the bamboo forest

. . . to this long suspension bridge that we walked across

. . . to get to this

Let me know if you want further details and I can ask my wife.

Thanks MT. :thumbsup: That Times article seems to have directions to get us there. Thanks again for posting those photos.

No problem. And the place in that TT article might be good. But I just checked with the wife and that’s NOT where we went in the above photos. The above photos are of the “Sky Ladder” suspension bridge in JuShan Township, Nantou County. Finally, the below IS correct info on it:

geocaching.com/seek/cache_de … Submit6=Go

And here’s more on the cool school I posted a photo of above, which is near the bridge and waterfall.

thedailybubbletea.com/2007/07/31 … ou-county/

[Incidentally, I agree with the comment about the Beitou public library. I mentioned that in another thread. Definitely worth checking it out. Unlike any other building you’ve seen in Taiwan.]

and here’s the elementary school’s surprisingly outstanding website, that describes the destruction of the old school in 921 earthquake and the rebuilding of the awesome new school. :bravo:
163.22.96.1/english/index.php

Awesome MT, cheers!