Napoli Pizza in Taichung - Finito?

I heard via a friend of a friend that Napoli Pizza in Taichung is closed. Is it true? If so, why? I thought the place was hugely popular.

I heard the same thing some time back from a very reliable source. He claimed patronage had dropped off severely. Don’t know if it had anything to do with the singer from Milk getting bottled but it was raised in the same conversation.

I do know Luigi is living somewhere else these days and is focused on an import export business.

HG

Paul, the manager and part owner of Napoli until it closed, has opened a new place called The Londoner, on Gongyi Road close to Nova. It’s a nice place with outdoor wooden decking and good decor inside.

I believe Luigi’s still in Taichung- I met him in Napoli around Christmas and I saw him in the street a couple of months ago.

Don’t know if it had anything to do with the singer from Milk getting bottled

BOTTLED? what in the world happened? when?

Too bad they closed. I know a number of Taipei dwellers who make Napoli’s an essential part of any trip to Taichung…

Well at least Luigi’s still around.

I wasn’t there the night the singer from Milk was bottled but it was reported to me as a dispute between management and the band. It was also mentioned in a column of one of the English papers. From memory around 6 months ago (?)

HG

Apparently Mr. Frazier was on hand at the incident in question.
Uncool Move

So THAT’s what getting BOTTLED means! Here in Montreal, it means keeping your emoticons in, as in bottled up. Ouch!