Narcs nab drug-smuggling puppies

quote – A two-year investigation into a Colombian heroin ring netted more than 65 pounds of drugs, resulted in the arrests of more than 20 people and saved the lives of some drug-smuggling Labrador retrievers, the Drug Enforcement Agency said Wednesday.

Ten wayward pups were found during a raid on a Colombian farm in 2005, and six of them were carrying more than 3 kilograms (6.6 pounds) of liquid heroin in their stomachs, said DEA spokesman Rusty Payne. [/quote]

The puppies:

The puppies’ stomachs were cut open and these drugs were put in.

Amazing what lengths people will to for a profit. :loco:

Drug Pups

Is the little blue man supposed to mean “crazy”; it is not crazy, it is a very high profit business and the puppy plan (laying aside the ethics of it) was a reasonable approach. I am sorry for the puppies and I am more sorry for the human mules that smuggle drugs in their stomachs across various borders each and every day of the week. It is equally risky for them and like the puppies, sometimes the human mules do not have a whole lot of “real world” options or choice in the matter.

To steal an old line from Glen Frye, its the smugglers blues.

yours in narco-terrorism,
Brian
p.s on a side note do you know doggie murder is a crime in California. One of my clients was once charged with it.