NASA TV and space walks

Tonight after wastching some sports I was able to wath some of the shuttle crew during their EVA…

They had trouble cosing the hatch after finishing the space walk… oops

Damned tricky if you can’t get in I’d say

Here are some screen shots from the ISS which was tracking the shuttle Discovery prior to landing. I am recording the whole event on my PVR.

The shuttles pay load doors have just been closed and the vessel is being oriented for the engine firing to bring these guys home.

I hope this part of the mission is succesful. The crew are just about to put on their pressurized suits before firing the engines.

I wish I was up there but I guess the best I can do is watch it live…

Here are some more stunning pics as the ISS passes into the sunset and the dark side of the earth. Discovery will pass under the ISS thru re-entry so I will get some of those shots too…

The ISS is passing over Western Australia, past Indonesia and into a lovely sunset… can’t wait to see the dawn shot’s in another couple of hours…

Great images! I have to cross my fingers that they’ll get down alright.

NASA just talking to Discovery crew… landing has been waived off 24 hours due to inclement weather at Kennedy Space Centre.

So the crew will have another day orbiting the earth… I will record the decent as it happens…

More screen shots to follow… I forgot to mention I have all the audio from Mission Control to the Discovery commander.

You can also watch the event from this link in Windows Media Player or Real Player. The internet feed is about 1 min behind my direct satellite link

nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

Regards

Some ISS astronauts doing the EVA today as well… it’s been a good days from NASA TV

Discovery has been waived off another 2 times but just heard they have now been cleared to land at Edwards Airforce Base.

It will come down at 27,360kmh (mach 30), generating 1650C of heat. Which is why dogs aren’t allowed on the space shuttle, they will burn their noses when they stick them out of the window.

Apollo conpiracists will notice that there are no stars in the above photos. Evidence that they are faked :loco:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]It will come down at 27,360kmh (mach 30), generating 1650C of heat. Which is why dogs aren’t allowed on the space shuttle, they will burn their noses when they stick them out of the window.

Apollo conpiracists will notice that there are no stars in the above photos. Evidence that they are faked :loco:[/quote]

LOL Discovery will pass under the ISS so some pics will be taken as Discovery burns up the atmosphere as it psses underneath the ISS. Hopefully this time it’s not the shuttle burning up.

Here are some shots from the Mars Orbter Launch today…

This pic is for RichardM. I’m sure if given the chance he would have been taking this photo. I just hope future generations will be able to travel into space as easily as taking a flight from Taipei to Singapore.