Naturalisation - Processing while overseas

And it didn’t have to be a fiasco. I asked before I applied if we could move overseas after submitting the application and if they’d approve an application while someone is overseas. They said yes! Even though we don’t legally need to be in Taiwan, I would have stayed longer to avoid this drama. They just had to answer my questions honestly.

Yep!

So we still meet the Principles for determining the authenticity of a naturalized nationality marriage and good conduct which only require us to live together. We just don’t live in Taiwan. There is no requirement anywhere that the couple needs to continue living in Taiwan. And they are stupid for not thinking of a way to verify couples living overseas. Apparently there’s 0 chances international couples that might decide to live overseas! It’s just ridiculous

2 Likes

Gotcha! I really wish your administrative suit to the Judicial Yuan takes hold and you win…even a partial victory would be great (like they give you a grace period of say, 2 or 3 years, to come back and take the pic and in the meantime, they semi-approve your application).

3 Likes

Appreciate it :slight_smile:

And thanks for the links @tando

we need to stop to even long for partial chabuduo crap, either you get the thing you are legally entitled to get or you sue. That’s it.

2 Likes

I hear ya! The “partial victory” scenario I presented was just a last hope for @justintaiwan in case Immigration decides to stand its ground and not budge an inch. They know the ball is in their court now as both of them are overseas and they can’t do much, can’t even step into their office to argue with them! A 100% victory is what I’m rooting for too…fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I’m lucky I have the Citizen Digital Certificate. It’s required to be able to submit a suit online

3 Likes

Hahaha

They won’t have a choice if the judicial yuan makes a ruling :hugs:

1 Like

I believe u lodged an administrative appeal, correct?

1 Like

it seems so I guess, never tried but may try against the tax bureau if the appeal to the human rights commission fails.

1 Like

It’s free too. From what I gather if it needs to go to a higher court or requires more work then you pay but it’s not very expensive

It kind of seems equivalent to a tribunal in Victoria

2 Likes

I can’t either. Maybe they’re not accessible from overseas. Ridiculous, I know.

2 Likes

isn’t it to make an appeal on the already made administrative decision you cannot accept? did they already reject your application?

i thought you are at the stage that they are trying to check if your marriage by visiting your spouse’s hhr location. it seems if their first attempt doesn’t work, they then try to make an appointment to visit there, and if it doesn’t work due to reasons like you live at different places, they try other ways.

I’m not sure of the specifics but they haven’t made any attempts except telling us to fly to Taiwan.

And she did say the application won’t proceed any further, so i lodged the complaint. She also said that they failed the home visit. I don’t know if it’s been formally rejected but she definitely said they won’t process it any further.

No issues lodging the complaint anyway, if they move my application for naturalisation forward the complaint will just be thrown out

To be honest I don’t expect it to get to a judicial yuan decision. It will just scare immigration, the MOI, and the HHRO to act appropriately.

2 Likes

Well said mate. Keep up!

1 Like

If they do come to our house in Australia to verify our marriage they will be breaking Australia’s immigration law unless they got a work visa.

Kinda hope that happens so I can whistle blow it to Australian authorities and really make them lose face and see how ridiculous they are

1 Like

Would not breach work visa if TECO staff did so. :slight_smile:
They can claim it’s part of their consular duties towards your husband.

3 Likes

Didn’t think of that. So I’m sure they wouldn’t :sweat_smile:

Should have added that to my complaint. I’ll mention it to the HHRO lady tomorrow :slight_smile: