Naturalized citizen without household registration

Guys , I’m having a problem and I need your help , I’m a naturalized citizen , I left Taiwan for 2 and half year and I lost my HHR , before a friend of mine borrowed me her household but she sold her house and no chance to borrow that again , I rented a room in banqiao and asked the landowner if she can borrow the hhr , she told me to move because she won’t borrow it , then move to another place with no luck , went to banqiao and danshui hhr offices and told me I need to buy a house o marry a Taiwanese citizen , it means that if I stay in Taiwan I will not have any rights , I believe that’s discrimination, I don’t know if it has to be that I was born in Nicaragua and they do not have more diplomatic alliance? I faced many discrimination, I had to leave Taiwan I can’t go back to Nicaragua because of political issues , now I’m in LA . Thoughts ?

So you said you have HHR and ID card. If so when you now rent a place get the rent contract notarized by a court. Under new laws landlords can no longer prevent a person from resting using the HHR address for that location.

You do not lose your HHR it is just inactive if you have been outside of Taiwan for 2 years. Also landlords cannot just tell you to move if you have a rent contract.

You are already a citizen. You don’t need to get married or to buy a house? Who told you such nonsense?

4 Likes

That was going to be my question as well – the original poster mentions being a “naturalized citizen”, but did not specifically mention the existence of an ID card/shenfenzheng/身分證.

To the original poster – do you have a 身分證? If so, I cannot understand on what grounds there would be any restrictions on you re-establishing your already existing HHR.

1 Like

To lose HHR you must have had it already.

1 Like

OP wrote

“I lost my HHR”