NCAA March Madness on television?

I plan on moving to Taipei in February. I am a huge NCAA College Hoops fan (particularly the #1 ranked Fighting Illini), and, anticipating a great tourney run for my team, I am wondering if I will get a chance to see it while I am in Taipei. So, for those in the know, is there a way to watch the NCAA Tournament in Taipei? Is it on cable television? If not, is there a sports bar that will show tourney games?

Cheers,
TI

You guys don’t miss Bill Self that much apparently. Right now Hockey is on strike so they are showing some games. My guess is that if Hockey starts, the basketball is gone. I watched the championsip game at the Brass Monkey a few years ago. Kansas Syracuse. Not good prospects of watching college sports here. Unless it’s the Cheerleading competition from 1997 which they show again and again and again.

There are some NCCA games on cable TV.

ESPN

12月15日 10:00 ACC: ILLINOIS-CHICAGO ─ DUKE (直播)
12月15日 15:30 ACC: ILLINOIS-CHICAGO ─ DUKE (重播)
12月16日 10:00 Big Ten: DEPAUL ─ NORTHWESTERN (直播)
12月16日 16:00 Big Ten: DEPAUL ─ NORTHWESTERN (重播)
12月17日 10:00 Big 12: OHIO STATE ─ TEXAS TECH (直播)
12月17日 16:00 Big 12: OHIO STATE ─ TEXAS TECH (重播)
12月22日 08:00 Big Ten: TEXAS TECH ─ IOWA (直播)
12月22日 10:00 Big Ten: UCLA ─ MICHIGAN STATE (直播)
12月22日 15:00 Big Ten: TEXAS TECH ─ IOWA (重播)
12月24日 00:30 Big Ten: MISSOURI ─ ILLINOIS (同日延播)
12月24日 08:00 Big East: RICHMOND ─ PITTSBURGH (直播)
12月24日 15:30 Big East: RICHMOND ─ PITTSBURGH (重播)

衛視體育台
Star Sports

12月15日 07:00 ACC/Big Ten Challenge: MICHIGAN STATE ─ DUKE (重播)
12月18日 02:00 ACC/Big Ten Challenge: MARYLAND ─ WISCONSIN (重播)

By the way, I am a Spartans fan.

Go green! Go white!

[quote=“Taipei_Illini”]I plan on moving to Taipei in February. I am a huge NCAA College Hoops fan (particularly the #1 ranked Fighting Illini), and, anticipating a great tourney run for my team, I am wondering if I will get a chance to see it while I am in Taipei. So, for those in the know, is there a way to watch the NCAA Tournament in Taipei? Is it on cable television? If not, is there a sports bar that will show tourney games?

Cheers,
TI[/quote]

Plenty of sports bars have the games, as well as most of my customers. Check out www.espnstar.com go to TV Times and then Taiwan to see what games are on the local cable tv here.

Thanks for the info guys. Well, one way or another, I am going to try my best to catch the big games in Taiwan. From the looks of that schedule, at least some of the games seem to be televised, so that is better than nothing.

Cheers,
TI