NDEs, messages from loved ones who have passed, etc

I’ve been fascinated with near-death experiences for some years (off an on), the first time immediately prior to my dad’s death, strangely enough. I have had a recent experience related to what I believe was receiving a message from someone who died. I’ll share the story if there is interest in this topic. For now, I’ll just share this:

4 Likes

I was in a really bad car crash in college. Car doors all gone. The car must have rolled a few times.

I didn’t get anything like you’ve said. But i sometimes wonder if I’ve actually died and none of this is base reality if that makes sense. Or if I’m in a simulation and the simulation doesn’t let my own consciousness die.

2 Likes

So I just want to know if stuff like spirit mediums and such is kosher as far as the bible is concerned.

I feel very direction less in life, and I’m sure my uncle can take me to spirit mediums or whatever but I also don’t want to piss off god but I’m getting nothing through traditional christian prayers.

People tell me to speak affirmation and such but it feels like psychological programming to me.

I can’t help you with that. But it’s quite common for people who have had NDEs to feel that the life we’re living now is for learning, that this is a temporary place and our real home is in the spiritual world, etc. Regardless of ethnic background, religious background (if any), etc. I’m hearing this theme often.

1 Like

It’s frowned on by many Christians.

I understand that… But I feel like life is becoming a force that is too great and is something i do not understand. I feel like I need to speak to a medium to know what’s going on spiritually because I’m not getting it through traditional christian prayers.

Like I have struggled with rejection all my life, and I want to know why.

I think that’s for another thread. Most (as in just about all) who have experienced NDE’s go through a drastic change after their NDE: much less materialistic, no longer fear death, no longer motivated to get to the top of the ladder in their careers, etc.

Getting answers like the one you’re seeking is not something a person having experienced an NDE would really care about, in my opinion. I mean if you believe that the present life is a temporary place that will not last too long in the grand scheme of things, and that when you die you will be in perfect peace, and full of joy, and given unconditional love, and reunited by family who have passed before you, etc. (all things near-death experiencers seem to stress), you would not seem to care about rejection in your present life, I would imagine.

2 Likes

I feel burnt out. I feel like I can’t find the strength to continue and that nothing I do matters. If this is all temporary then it would be good news because there’s no point toiling for nothing.

Actually there is this friend who passed I would love to hear from…

Most of these folks lose their desire related to material things, but they don’t lose their desire to live. They often go into areas to help others. Their suicide rate is virtually non-existent. They don’t lose their desire to live, that’s for sure.

I believe I’ve experienced receiving a message from someone who has died. I’ll share this tomorrow. Time to go home now.

Why not just try it and see what happens? It’s just two different kinds of nonsense as far as I’m concerned, but if the Christian stuff hasn’t been working for you and secular suggestions to improve things haven’t either (or you’re not interested in trying them), visiting a spirit medium probably isn’t going to be worse than doing nothing IMO.

Even if it’s BS, perhaps you’ll find some value in it, and I wouldn’t expect other gods to care either way.

The message from the dead was:

Remember the Alamo!!!

Short of experiencing a NDE I’m not sure how else I’d see what’s going on in the spirit world. I’m not sure I’d want a NDE but who knows, maybe some idiot blocked by the a pillar might help me on this.

Something I thought of is that not an insignificant number of NDErs develop a fascination with quantum physics after their experience.

1 Like

Mate there is no god. Do whatever you want. It’s all superstition.

1 Like

See, that was funny. A little too dark to be appreciated by all audiences, but funny nonetheless!

1 Like

When you get down to it quantum physics is basically magic.

But it’s also how we made bluray players and also how we’re able to cram terabytes into something the size of a 50nt coin…

Yes and no. It’s theoretical but there is observed data.

As always in the debates about religion and science.

I remember hearing a preacher said that Paul was stoned by angry Jews once, left for dead, said he went to heaven and came back, and said he really wanted to go back there. I guess he had a near death experience there.

But then scientists just say nde is just brain chemistry brought by neuron death.

So which is it?

If the choice is between “what TL remembers hearing a preacher say happened to Paul after he was stoned by angry Jews and went to heaven” and “science”, I’m gonna go for science on this one. :whistle:

2 Likes

St. Lazarus - he knows/knew everything about NDE. 4 days dead before being brought back to life.