Need a cell that work both in ROC and USA

ok I just got this nokia 2100 and I was wondering if it will work in the states? If not then what cell will work in both countries? I am looking for average priced cell phone. can anyone recommend any? thanks

First [CLICK HERE] to find the phone you like. Just about every phone in that list should be triband. I think the prices listed on the Cnet page are a little out dated so…

Then [CLICK HERE] to find out about how much you should be spending. If you can find one I’d recommend the ericsson T39 (based on reviews I’ve read and price). Or you could go with the T68i.

so all the phone on both URL I can use in both countries? triband is what I need to look for?

All the phones in the Cnet link are triband (I ended up looking trough them all), the other link will give you prices in NT. Even though the page is in Chinese it shouldn’t be a problem finding the phone you want with the link I provided.

What I did on Cnet Asia’s site is run a filter for phones that have the US Gsm band (can’t remember 1800, 1900). If a phone has the US band on an Asian tech site then it should be triband, becasue all the phone here use the other 2 band that the US doesn’t use.

ok mine is EGSM 900 and GSM
1800 networks. and dualband…will it work? can u make sure if it’s 1800 or 1900? cos in the site they are like pretty expensive…cheapest is like 270…hm…my budget is like 150-200 USD…any cheaper ones? thanks

[quote=“okaythen01”]ok mine is EGSM 900 and GSM
1800 networks. and dualband…will it work? can u make sure if it’s 1800 or 1900? cos in the site they are like pretty expensive…cheapest is like 270…hm…my budget is like 150-200 USD…any cheaper ones? thanks[/quote]
The U.S. is 1900.

This phone is triband and in your price range
[CLICK HERE]

Here’s a list of triband phones I found somewhere Ericsson R520m

Ericsson T39

Ericsson T66

Ericsson T68

Motorola T250

Motorola T280

Motorola V60

Motorola V66

Nokia 6310i

Nokia 6610

Nokia 7210

Siemens S40

You might just want to find out how to say triband in Chinese, go to Nova (located near taipei main station) and ask around. Rumor has it that motorola T250 is the cheapest triband phone. I’m not sure if it’s availible here.

If you’re in the US, you need to buy a dual-band GSM phone (AT&T and Xcingular only). If you’re in Taiwan/Asia, you’ll need to get a tri-band. Tri-band is “san ping” in Chinese ('scuse my romanization), same as saying “3 ping” (size of a room) =)

Keep in mind that you are limited to the above two service providers in the US. It might make more sense to get separate phones, depending on coverage in the US regions that you are going to be in.