Need a Digital Food Thermometer (NOT a Meat Thermometer)

hi there,

Title says most of it. I need to get a digital thermomter that can be used to take the temperature of food, usually produce. this is not a run of the mill meat thermometer, although I suppose it could be used on meat too. but it is needed for produce. it has to be digital. I’ve tried a bunch of stores that sell kitchen gadgets, mostly at department stores, but found nothing. this could probably be found at a restaurant supply store, but I don’t know where to find one of these. I have to get this on short notice, so can’t order online, need to find a store in Taipei. thanks.

You could try this place, they have just about any kitchen item there. Not sure why Google says “grocery store”, it’s not. City Super also has a pretty good stock of this kind of stuff, if you haven’t tried.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried City Super yet, that’s a good tip. Tried a bunch of other kitchen ware shops in department stores without luck though. Will try that first and then the shop in Da-tong. Thanks!

1 Like

You can also get it here
艾佳中和店
No. 14號, Lane 118, Yian Road, Zhonghe District, New Taipei City, 235

1 Like

Please share info or a link to the actual product. One, it will help us with Chinese search skills or connections to research where we can get it.
And two, you could end up educating us about a product we could use.
Why would I want a food thermometer that is primarily meant for produce?
For meat, the concept is clear, kill bacteria and doneness.
Thanks.

2 Likes