Need a Politics Forum

Hidding it would not be so much fun, but if you have a seperate forum, even it’s for everyone to see in the list, people can still make a choice to look in or stay away.
There are several forums in the list which I never look into since the subjects don’t interest or concern me (say for e.g. the Teaching English forum).
I would however like to read the Women’s only forum. :smiley:

Looking at the ‘lastest posts page’ right now, I can see, and I don’t have any choice about it :

“Franklin Roosevelt made the Great Depression worse?”
“Are Europeans really stingy?” Ok, this one mentioned Taiwan,So maybe I’ll let this one pass
“Weapons of Mass Destruction” Umm… lovely
“Why do so many people hate George Bush?”
“75% of Koreans in their 20s hate the U.S., love North Korea”

That is ONE THIRD of the topics on forumosa the “Taiwan-oriented online community”,
THIRTY THREE F*ING PERCENT!!!

And that’s not including:
“Double Standards in the Muslim vs Western World”
“Why do so many people love GWB?”
“End of the Amercian Empire”
“Rebuilding Iraq”

What percentage is that Matthew? Too effing high, that’s what.

[quote]International Politics
This is the place for international political discussion. Politics related to Taiwan & Taiwan-China issues should be posted elsewhere. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less.
[/quote]
The rule for this new forum that states: Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. is too restricting. Anyway, how long is a paragraph? As long as a piece of string?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”][quote]International Politics
This is the place for international political discussion. Politics related to Taiwan & Taiwan-China issues should be posted elsewhere. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less.
[/quote]
The rule for this new forum that states: Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. is too restricting. Anyway, how long is a paragraph? As long as a piece of string?[/quote]
Sorry, the international politics forum is still inactive - it will reappear once it becomes active. As to your question, wolf - all decisions are at the moderators’ discretion. Including the lengths of string.

um didnt i just make first post to the new internaional polyglot forum?
where’d it go?

Look above you.

hmm… a white ceiling…what does it mean? is this a test? did i pass?

Just want to say thanks to those who created the Politics Forum. Really a breath of fresh air for the Open Forum.