Need advice about opening an offshore bank account in 2016

I am finding it very difficult to open a bank account for an offshore company I have setup. Banks in HK that I have approached are not receptive and have declined. Banks in Singapore seem to require 2 to 3 months of KYC (background checking).

With some partners, I set up a company in Seychelles specifically for angel investment in Asia. Does anyone have any experience this year opening an offshore bank in Africa - places like Mauritius and Seychelles?

Or please give me advice on how I might open things quicker in HK or Singapore.

For this project, since we are all based in Taiwan, we have ruled out opening a Taiwan OBU account.

It’s now 2020, and we ultimately decided to incorporate a Taiwan company and use an OBU bank account in Taiwan after all. We shelved the Seychelles entity as our plans for Taiwan evolved.

As of today, opening a new bank account in HK with an offshore company (or onshore HK company) is apparently no longer done - so much has happened there in the past 4 years. Singapore seems to be have assumed the role HK used to play to do this for Taiwan-based entrepreneurs and investors.

Btw I found good advice at this blog post
https://medium.com/@11fleet/understanding-the-running-costs-of-a-company-in-taiwan-f312440ed47e

3 Likes