Need! Cycling trip partner during CNY! (2/16-20)

As title, I need a partner (even more than one would be fine) for the cycling trip.

So far the plan is:

2/16 from Kaohsiung to Kending
2/18 from Kending to Taidong
2/20 back to Taipei (by train)

but the date & the plan is changeable…

I’ll carry a solo tent, a sleeping bag, some swimsuit…

It’s kinda the last mins to post this topic but everyone I know said I should find someone as company since I’m a girl. So here I am.

If anyone interested, plz msg me here… for the further discussion… tks! :slight_smile:

Happy Chinese New Year

Eva

How fit are you? (Are you an über-athlete, or just out for fun?) I ask because I haven’t ridden much at all this year and am not as fit as I’d like.
Do you have reservations to get your bike back on the train from Kaohsiung to Taipei? Might be hard this time of year, no?

Are you using a standard bike or a folding bike? My bike is crap, so if I decide to be serious about it, I’d need to pick up another. I have everything else I’d need.

kage, look into renting from one of the Giant shops. You should be able to pick it up in K-town and drop it off in Taitung. NT1200 for 3 days. But you need to reserve it.

Honestly though, I wouldn’t ride from K-town down to Kenting. One, the first stretch is miserable with a capital M. Second Kenting will likely be very crowded which means the roads will be too. Third, the ride back to Taitung once you rejoin the coastal highway is not a very safe ride at the best of times. Not really the best for your first bike trip.

So really, for a first bike trip you are plamning on some busy dangerous roads that go through a lot of crappy areas.

I’d actually start in Taitung or Hualien and ride between these two towns on the back roads (the 193). Traffic will be light and the scenery the whole way will be amazing. More places to camp too.

Great advice, thanks, MM!

I have the numbers for Giant in Hualian and Taitung if you need them.

Do you know a good stretch to ride if you hate, hate, hate hills??

I ride my bike all the time around Tainan, but there aren’t many hills there. I’d like to do something more long-distance, but last time I came across a hill I kinda got heat stroke… plus I’m lazy.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”]Do you know a good stretch to ride if you hate, hate, hate hills??

I ride my bike all the time around Tainan, but there aren’t many hills there. I’d like to do something more long-distance, but last time I came across a hill I kinda got heat stroke… plus I’m lazy.[/quote]

I rode Hualian to Taidong on the coastal road the year before last (in the summer!) and there was only one major climb on the first day and just little ones after that. Beautiful ride too and lots of little towns t stop in if you don’t want to do it all in 1 day.

Hey, thanks for your suggestions, MM. ¡Muy apreciado!
I am not up for this trip, but am intrigued. Maybe another time… (I hope!) this weather ain’t making me want to get out. I really hope you have some better weather Down South. Have a fabulous and safe trip!