Need help about taiwan citizenship

Hi there, I’ve been living in Taiwan for almost 6 years and I only leave Taiwan only to celebrate chinese new year with my family in Indonesia.
I just read the “FAQ” posted above and it seems the regulation only valid for workers, I’m currently studying in Tamkang University and I’m planning to apply for Taiwan citizenship, anyone have information about this?

Btw, my great great grandfather is Taiwanese but unfortunately he losed his ID(burned in a fire accident), so is it possible for me to trace his data in Taiwan?

[quote=“guni”]Hi there, I’ve been living in Taiwan for almost 6 years and I only leave Taiwan only to celebrate Chinese new year with my family in Indonesia.
I just read the “FAQ” posted above and it seems the regulation only valid for workers, I’m currently studying in Tamkang University and I’m planning to apply for Taiwan citizenship, anyone have information about this?

Btw, my great great grandfather is Taiwanese but unfortunately he losed his ID(burned in a fire accident), so is it possible for me to trace his data in Taiwan?[/quote]

One of the things about Taiwan record keeping is that it’s great. If you knew where your great great grandfather last lived and had proof of your family’s lineage history in Taiwan, you might just qualify for Taiwan citizenship under their “ROC blood” category.

You would need to go to hunt for the rules through MOFA or a local household registration bureau, preferably the one where you think your relatives last lived.

Good luck.