Need help finding Dorm/Homestay/Hostel in Taipei with reasonable price?

Sorry for my English as it’s not my native language.
My friend will have a trip around Taiwan next week. He’ll arrived in taipei in today morning and we have yet to find any place to stay. So can you guys suggest us any good places to stay for about 3 days? And if possible, please suggest us some places to visit and hang out. Thank you so much

My girlfriend recently moved out of my apartment, so if you don’t mind sleeping on the couch or the floor, I would take you in?

1 Like

Thank you so much for offering. But we’d get a dorm or hostel or some kind of business homestay instead because my friend he has a large backpack, and mostly, we don’t want to bother anyone when we stay :smile:.

The W Hotel is quite popular among younger people.

2 Likes

It is reasonable, but a hotel.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion, but it’s way to luxury for us xD

Hotel Relax 5
100, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, 重慶南路一段20號
02 2375 6777
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Qe2wB4Qc7EsZhMb7

:point_up_2:. we stayed there. can check for rooms with bunk beds. extremely clean.
coupon for breakfast at McDonald’s, at least when we stayed.
there are other cheap ones nearby, as can see from Google Map

1 Like

Thank you so much, we’ll definitely check it as it’s like what we’re looking for.

Star Hostel Taipei Main Station
103, Taipei City, Datong District, Huayin Street, 50號
02 2556 2015
https://maps.app.goo.gl/epjjyqgoPKSut1Ti9

1 Like

Do you have any suggestion on where to go when you were there?

My favorite I’ve been to is hotel fun linsen.

1 Like

how many days in Taipei, so people can throw out ideas

Taipei 101
CKS Memorial
Tamsui
Night markets (not Shihlin!!!)
temples
National Palace Museum
U-bike

there’s a lot more

1 Like

We gonna stay in Taipei for 3 days, then head to Hualien. We’d like find places that locals tend to go there, or any building with higher view to the city, but not 101 :smiley:

https://hotel.owlting.com/8faf9c1c-6d10-49b2-a0c4-f9e5a0168e8b?start=2019-06-29&end=2019-06-30&adult=1&child=0&infant=0

Friendly owners, decent location

1 Like

Tomorrow we plan to go to Bitoujao Lighthouse. We gonna get a bus to keelung city, or if possible, straight to ruifang district. And from keelung city or ruifang district, we gonna rent a motorbike and ride to the lighthouse. Does it sound like a good plan, or can anyone suggest us a better plan? Is it possible for us to rent a motorbike without international drive license?

by bike do you mean :bike: or :motorcycle: ?

the latter you need international license unless boss owner looks the other way

1 Like

I mean by motorbike. Yeah I’m afraid that it would be hard without international license. But if we can manage to able to rent motorbike in taipei, can we ride straight to keelung, or it’s not allowed to ride scooter on highway?

two separate conditions state where motorcycle must be either 250cc or higher, or 550cc or higher.
scooters are forbidden, as the most likely size is 125cc.
however, if you can find a way to rent a scooter, of course you can make it to Keelung by major roads, but they have stoplights.

1 Like

Can you suggest a good place (that the owner would likely to “looks other way”) to rent a motorbike in Taipei? And btw I’ve searched on google map but don’t know whether it shows me just major road or highway.

:point_up_2: Highways 1 and 3 and expressway 62 are big no-no.
Those other blue numbered roads are fine.
Blue 5 is probably the best route.

I own scooters, never rented in Taipei.

1 Like