NEED HELP! Getting ID/work permit ban🤦🏽‍♂️

Best answer, reactivate by lieanage… Your mom born in taiwan she do have taiwan id unless your parents mom didnt apply her taiwan id at all during those times.
If your mother already got her taiwanese passport at any teco… After arriving in taiwan… Get a household… Then taiwan id from your grandparents. Then she can apply you for petition… Short cut. Marry your taiwanese gf

So @tando that means I don’t have to necessarily apply for a work permit, right??

right, iiuc. You may ask to WDA and NIA to make sure.

Employment Service Act

Article 48
Prior to employing foreign worker to engage in work, employer shall apply to the central competent authority for employment permit with relevant documents submitted. However, the following foreigners are exempted
2. A foreign worker has married a national of the Republic of China with a registered residence in the Republic of China and has been permitted to stay therein.

Article 79
The provisions of the Act regarding foreign workers shall be applicable to the employment of stateless persons as well as nationals of the Republic of China also possessing the nationality of foreign country(s) but with no permanent residence in the Republic of China.

I’m interested in the outcome, as I am in a similar, but not urgent, situation.

I’m also a NWOHR (mother Taiwanese, father German, I’m born and raised in Germany), but my mother has given up her Taiwanese Passport a long time ago and only has German citizenship since then. Hence getting a TARC through my mother would be quite difficult.
I’m also married to a Taiwanese spouse, however we married in Taiwan and we used my German passport to register the marriage, so my wife was able to get a visa for Germany (we are living in Germany).
I’m really curious if OP is able to get a TARC for his Taiwan passport using his US-passport to register the marriage, because we are also considering moving back to Taiwan in a few years.

@tando I am going to get married in a couple weeks and will be applying for my TARC same day! I need helping figuring out what documents are needed for it. Most of the stuff I read is for people trying to get their TARC through family lineage, not marriage. I know through marriage usually people just get a jfrv… but for my case it would be TARC since I’m marrying with my taiwan passport and will have household registration after that. (HHR said needs to be Taiwan passport since that’s what I entered Taiwan with last).

It is the same with lineal family cases.

臺灣地區親屬之國民身分證或
戶口名簿正、影本(驗正本、收
影本)或三個月內全戶戶籍謄本
及足資證明親屬關係文件。

I think NIA’s instruction is clear enough.
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5385/7244/7250/7281/居留/36160/

I’m assuming your spouse to be will help you, if you don’t read Chinese.

She doesn’t read mandarin haha just has a ID and can speak a bit of it

Then,

@tando just got married! Now the next step is to apply for TARC. Do you know how long the application process takes? Since my visa ends middle of December. Not sure if I’ll get it in time… also from what I understand the documents are different than getting a TARC through family lineage. Now I don’t need my birth certificate/mothers birth certificate, can you confirm that at all? Thank you for your help!

In the instruction,

Required documents:

Application, with one color photo without hat (the same specification of photo for ID card)

Identity certificate in country or place of residence or (refer to the passport in country of residence; however, it is permanent resident permit or long-term residence certificate if the citizenship has not yet acquired)

The passport of the Republic of China or certificate as sufficient to prove the nationality of the Republic of China, e.g. nationality certificate, certificate of overseas Chinese (excluding the certificate of Chinese ethnicity issued by Overseas Chinese Affairs Council) or military certificate previously issued by Department of National Defense

Certificate national police criminal record in country or place of residence, which is valid for six months from the date of issuance (e.g.: those who reside in America shall present the nationwide criminal record issued by US Federal Bureau of Investigation)

The satisfactory health examination report within latest three months (the examination must be managed by public or private hospitals appointed by Ministry of Health and Welfare as well as satisfactory to the health examination checklist [table B]

Those who has entered the country and applied for residence (shall enter the country with passport of the Republic of China), the entry certificate shall be enclosed.

For application abroad, the certificate fee is NT$1,300; for application within legal residence period after entering the county, the certificate is NT$1,000 and the certificate fee is NT$500 for overseas Chinese students.

Other related certificates (see attached table)
臺灣地區親屬之國民身分證或
戶口名簿正、影本(驗正本、收
影本)或三個月內全戶戶籍謄本
及足資證明親屬關係文件。
Your spouse’s national ID or hukou, or transcript of HHR with your name written, to prove your marriage.

It takes at least ten working days to get your health examination report, so I doubt you would be able to get that, and then rest of your documents before your current visa expires. Are you able to extend it first?

Actually I did a lot of things ahead of time! About 1 month ahead, so all I’m waiting for now is my FBI translation to be authenticated here in Taiwan and then I’ll be okay. Just wasn’t sure how long the actual TARC takes to be processed once all the paperwork is in.

1 Like

Period as required for review: seven days (excluding the date received, holidays, document supplementation and mailing period)

1. It depends (partially) what the ban is for.

2. It depends (nearly entirely) on the age of the poster as reactivating via lineage through one’s mother would be impossible here if born before ~1980. I’m guessing the poster is far younger than that.