Need help with credit card situation

i know people have talked about this before but. Their Problem is always super specific and I need a general answer.

I assumed I could get a debit card when I got a bank account here but I obviously was wrong. I dont need a credit card, I dont need credit. I just want to be able to shop online. What is the simlest solution for this? iTunes, amazon, etc. thanks.

1. use a foreign credit card
  2. open a bank account at a local bank that will give you a debit card (First Bank gave me one no problem)
  3. get a local credit card (First Bank gave me one after I gave them a ph# of a local who would basically just answer the phone and speak Chinese and say they knew me)
  1. Go to Mega Bank. Get a secured card. You can determine the amount as per deposit. Quick and painless.

You have searched the Forumosa archives, haven’t you? :wink:

Which information in [color=#0080FF]this thread about debit cards[/color] does not match your reality?

I am sure we can answer your general or specific questions… :smiley:

Do you need to have an ARC for that? If so, one with a minimum validity period?
Maybe it’s time for a comprehensive “credit card” thread, too… :slight_smile:

Thank you so much. I admit I was being lazy this time but I have looked very hard a few dozen times for general info such as this and always got very specific info to a specific problem. This helped immensely. Part of my problem is people think I mean cc when I have no use for credit. I just needed a debit. My company uses first bank anyways so I guess I will switch banks and use them as well. Goodbye 30 ntd fee!

Welcome to Forumosa jo4thewin!

Most of the info regarding credit cards and such like is in the Business and Money forum.