Need NT$5 million for APRC? Is this accurate?

Hi, hoping some people can share their experiences with me about getting an APRC. I recently passed the 7 year requirement and went to get information about getting an APRC. I read through the application procedure handout they have at the Taipei Municipal Police Department and was confident I qualified for all points until I got to the third page where is says:

This seems like a very high amount of money (and nowhere near what I have). Has everyone else who has succesfully acquired their APRC had this much cash? Or is this perhaps a typo or a rule that is not enforced so much as long as you have a significant amount of money in the bank (which I can document).

If anyone could shed some light on this with their experiences for me I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

[quote=“Dark Horse”]Hi, hoping some people can share their experiences with me about getting an APRC. I recently passed the 7 year requirement and went to get information about getting an APRC. I read through the application procedure handout they have at the Taipei Municipal Police Department and was confident I qualified for all points until I got to the third page where is says:

This seems like a very high amount of money (and nowhere near what I have). Has everyone else who has succesfully acquired their APRC had this much cash? Or is this perhaps a typo or a rule that is not enforced so much as long as you have a significant amount of money in the bank (which I can document).

If anyone could shed some light on this with their experiences for me I would appreciate it very much. Thanks![/quote]

There are different categories of APRC. You are looking at the category for business people who have established a business here and are doing business here.

You need NT$5Million if you are setting up your own business and will be sponsoring your own APRC.

I didn’t see anything on the APRC info page mentioning that amount of money.

Edit
Just spotted it :blush:. That’s one of the categroies that ML_McLean mentions. I.e. it only applies as I stated above…

Many thanks ML McLean and Roach for your feedback. I checked the handout again and looked on the web site you posted but I still don’t see where it specifies that financial minimum is for business owners. I will have to check it out further but thanks again, that is what I was looking for and it’s a relief to know I still qualify.