🇳🇱 Netherlands | Things to do for Amsterdam Trip?

We are going to stay in the central location.

Anyone familiar or had positive experiences please help with some recommendations of things to do, see, and eat. I’ll only be there 3 nights and it will be our last vacation for a while as we will be super busy the next few months relocating and for work.

I will definitely be enjoying the cannabis cafes and check out the cannabis museum. I know there is the red light district. But this is my extent of knowledge of Amsterdam

1 Like

Don’t forget to try the local truffles… :mushroom:

2 Likes

Budget about 20 euros for toilet use. They cost money and is not as cheap as you think they are. If you got a medical condition where you must pee every 5 minutes all the time, consider wearing adult diapers. Bathrooms will not be available and if they are available, you must pay for it.

Cafes may not always be good because even if you are a paying customer they may still charge to use the bathroom, or if they don’t they require you to buy a drink which is counterproductive, as the drink makes you want to pee more.

I’ve not had mushrooms :mushroom: before. Only LSD once and Salvia (the wildest trip for ego death). On salvia I saw time not as always moving forward but the entire timeline of my life. I was a piece of quilt for that moment but I was also all the pieces in the past and in the future of that giant quilt. One of the life changing experiences I’ve had.

I think I will probably make a day for shrooms there.

5 Likes

I will just piss on the street and yell I’m from China :cn: and hack a giant loogie.

The people will understand.

5 Likes

Highly recommended. Like LSD, but much more user friendly. A much more positive vibe. I’ve never tried the truffles before, but the experience should be pretty much the same.

1 Like

I have on occasion peed in the wood in Berlin because it’s free and hopefully nobody will care. At least there’s lots of wood there. Try not to pee on buildings if you can afford it. There used to be pissoirs but I never saw any… supposedly placed by the city to prevent you from peeing on buildings. I suspect they got taken down.

And even the long distance buses will NOT let you pee, basically if you try to get out of paying to pee it’s seen as bad by the culture for some reason.

I don’t even try to stop in Amsterdam after that, I just go to the basement of the airport and take the next train out of there. At least the trains have toilets that don’t charge you.

Are you an 18 to 35 year old man in the UK?

1 Like

Any Bulldog shop, Kokopelli, Rijksmuseum, stay central or on a tram line, central isn’t always central so triple check, boat canal tour, Albert Cuyp Market daytime walk if market interested, don’t waste time on torture or sex museum, it will be chilly so have long sleeves maybe jacket.

Lots of bike shops and rentals close to the Dam Square. Use the DS as your pivot point. There are quite a few interesting, not so touristy scenes west of that point. If I remember, south is shopping leading towards the Rijksmuseum. East is your coffee shops and window displays. The Nieuwmarkt Square area is interesting at night. Pay attention if there’s an Orange game when you’re there, lots of interesting characters around that time.

The Dutch should be targeting others

Canadians Peeing - YouTube

Psilocybe cubensis is the best thing on earth. Just calculate 5 hours and do it best on nature during the day. The trip is like a mountain, once it’s peak is a nice way down, no roller coaster like LSD.

2 Likes

Take a canal boat. Go see the Anne Frank house. Visit the Rijksmuseum at the Museumplein. Walk through the red-light district, also visit the “Jordaan” and walk around there.

From any cafe, order:

• appeltaart met slagroom

From any “friet” place, order:

• “patatje stoofvlees”, or “patatje pinda”, and definitely “frikandel speciaal”

Try herring from a herring cart.

For a daytrip, try Zaanse Schans. I have never been, but understand it is great.

2 Likes

I been on the canal boats. Quite nice, just don’t stand on the bench unless you want to hit your head on the low bridges… Some of them are barely 3 inches from the roof of the boat.

1 Like

Shrooms at the Van Gough museum, or in nature.

Ann Frank house on a sober day.

Get lost wandering the streets.

1 Like

Peeing more than 250 times a day? And here I was thinking I have a bad prostate!

I was in Amsterdam with my dad and my youngest about a decade ago. We came in on the train (from airport) and walked around the central part of the city just South-Southwest of the main train station for like 2 days. Plenty of historical things to visit or modern things, too, depending on what you like to do. Just watch crossing streets. Bicycle lanes everywhere, and they’ll tap you on shoulder when passing by you if you crossed into their lane at an improper time.

1 Like

Probably would not be respectful to visit Anne franks house tripping :joy:

1 Like

Also wanted to recommend the truffles. :mushroom:

I think you can forego the adult diapers, personally. I don’t remember encountering TL’s toilet problems any of the several times I’ve been to Amsterdam.