New alert test on January 9th [and 13th of Sep 23], please do not panic

Dunno if this goes here or in events.

Basically, Taiwan TaGeTa will test the emergency broadcast system at 4pm on January 9th. In a nutshell.

They are kind enough to tell people not be be scared when this happens. Test will give the message in English and Chinese, they say.

台灣大災防通報訊息 9日全台測試勿驚慌
最新更新:2019/01/08 10:40

(中央社記者吳家豪台北8日電)為持續響應政府政策,確保災防系統通知更健全,台灣大哥大將於1月9日下午4時在全台各縣市進行災防通報中英文訊息測試,民眾若收到災防通報警示訊息,不需驚慌。

台灣大哥大表示,今年將不定期針對全台或分區域實施4G災防告警訊息發送測試,以配合災防主管機關在監測到災害時,即可透過此系統針對特定區域民眾發布告警訊息,讓民眾及早掌握災害資訊,並即時採取應變措施。

為持續優化健全4G災防告警細胞廣播訊息系統,台灣大哥大9日下午4時起將對全台各縣市進行模擬測試,測試期間民眾若收到該推播訊息時,手機將會發出特殊的警告聲響與振動,可不予理會,以免引起不必要的恐慌。(

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

41fMXPpGXpL

2 Likes

But what if there’s an emergency that happens at the same time as the test?! None of us will notice! We’re all going to die!

2 Likes

All I keep thinking is the Mexico case: they had the anual drill a couple pf hours before the real event…

I am becoming Taiwanese in not wanting to listen to anything related to disaster…

If something happens at the same time with an alert for the event, the alert might not be much helpful.

As in the Fawlty Towers fire ? :blush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlE47GckHRA

2 Likes

FIFY

It happened! It happened! I didn’t panic. Actually the message said not to panic

I even didn’t read the message. If it were a real alert, it didn’t help me.

All that government money wasted.

phones started going off, the bosses did not know what was happening nor most coworkers, everyone bolted! :rofl:

1 Like

Once again, I got no message on my phone. I never get any emergency messages on my phone (and my carrier is Dageda). Was this only a Taipei thing?

There’s a setting you might have to set.

Would I find the setting you have to set , in settings ?could all be a set-up. Anyway I’m all set to go.

yeah, mine are under settings/messages/advanced

Yeah, others suggested this a long time ago. My settings are all turned on. It continues to be a mystery as to why I never get any of these emergency notifications.

This was like the first one I ever got. Maybe they’re gradually figuring it out

For our colonial chums:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8N3L_aERg

1 Like

I’m the same, I get some but not all, i.e. I got the warning regarding the import of pork, but not the test today. Also Dageda.

1 Like