New Bali Bomb

New bombings in Kuta, and Jimbaran: Bali. 9 dead.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4300274.stm

[quote=“Jaboney”]New bombings in Kuta, and Jimbaran: Bali. 9 dead.

news.BBC.co.uk/2/hi/Asia-pacific/4300274.stm[/quote]Just saw it on the news. :s

bobepine

There was a series of bombings in Kuta again tonight. Beware the link has a pretty gruesome photo. It’s an update from the Melbourne Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/war-on-terror/bali-bomb-blasts/2005/10/02/1127804700738.html

The toll is up to 19 dead and 50 injured.

Not again. Madness.

It’s all about resources – all your average fat, lazy and corrupt Indonesian official wants is a few high-profile westerner-with-drugs busts – they just can’t be bothered with MURDERERS.

And didn’t they just reduce the sentence of the guy who was found guilty of the 2002 bombings? What kind of message is that? Seems we just found out.

My sympathies are with the victims and their families. What an insane waste of life. :frowning:

My understanding is that the imam whose sentence was reduced was a “spiritual leader” who incited and possibly conspired with the men who actually built, set, and detonated the 2002 bomb(s). I may be confusing him with someone else, though.

I think we should send a diplomatic mission to negotiate with them. We should find out why they hate us and what we can give them to make them like us instead.

Carpet bombing would be fine, too.

Similar thread in the Open Forum.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=39287

26+ dead now. Given Indonesia’s record in support of Muslim terrorists, why is anyone shocked?

[color=red]Update:[/color] I just heard from a friend at Sanglah Hospital in Denpasar. She says it’s now 50+ dead.

Just reported. They were Muslim suicide bombers.

[quote]Maj. Gen. Ansyaad Mbai said the three attackers went into the packed restaurants on Saturday evening wearing explosive vests. The remains of their bodies were found at the scenes, he said.

“I have seen them. All that is left is their head and feet,” he told The Associated Press. “By the evidence we can conclude the bombers were carrying the explosives around their waists.”

Saturday’s near-simultaneous blasts at two seafood cafes on Jimbaran beach and a three-story noodle and steakhouse in downtown Kuta came a month after Indonesia’s president warned of possible terrorist attacks. Two Americans were among the 101 people wounded.

Mbai named two Malaysian fugitives

I look for further action in the southern Phillipines and southern Thailand.

Who thinks JI’s got a sleeper cell in Taipei? I’d bet $ that if the Taipei Police were to show up at the mosque on Xingshen S. Rd across from Da-An Park, present a search warrant, and scour the premises, they’d find maps with red circles around AIT and Roxy 99, as well as a shocking amount of guns and ammo. I bet.

We’ve all done that but I see no reason to brag about it here. :loco:

Interesting thought. I don’t look for it to happen.
Money says that should a terrorism incident happen here on Taiwan the results would be:

1. Immediate police denial of a problem
  2. Crying families shown demanding reparations.
  3. All political groups in extant casting blame on each other.
  4. More grieving families demanding money.
  5. Police acknowlding that an “incident” may have occurred, but they knew about it and there is nothing to worry about.
  6. Politicians announcing they will gather together and create a commission to study the need to create a non-partisan investigatory panel.
  7. Nothing.
  8. Upon “news” investigation of the progress of the commission to study the need to vreate a panel to investigate whther or not an investigation was warranted, they announce that no funding for such a panel is available.
  9. Grieving families back on the news shown still grieving as they leave the news conference and drive away in their new BMW’s and Mercedes.
  10. Another explosion rocks a nightclub known as a gathering place for “foreigners.”
  1. Every day for three weeks a famous person unfamiliar to foreigners will cry like a baby on TV while holding up a gossip magazine/tabloid newspaper and berating the press.

The Arab public sees decades of U.S. support for Arab dictators, protection of Israel and the Iraq war as driving causes of their misery. Osama bin Laden feeds on this.”

"A group of Turkish women’s rights activists confronted Undersecretary of State Karen Hughes on Wednesday with emotional and heated complaints about the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, turning a session designed to highlight the empowering of women into a raw display of the anger at U.S. policy in the region.

“This war is really, really bringing your positive efforts to the level of zero,” said Hidayet Sefkatli Tuksal, an activist with the Capital City Women’s Forum. She said it was difficult to talk about cooperation between women in the United States and Turkey as long as Iraq was under occupation."

Muslim terrorism would dry up without the monetary and moral support or at least the acquiesence of the Arab public. Is it really weakness and tacit support for terrorism for Westerners to clearly understand what Muslim terrorism is feeding on in the Arab world? Is ignorance really patriotic strength?

The fact is that support for extremists is growing among the Arab public and our choice really is to either re-think our policies in the Middle East or just get on with our original carpet-bombing “your either with us or against us” policy and kill or intern every man, woman and child in the Middle East and Southeast Asia who calls God “Allah” because they’re just going to keep killing us until we do one or the other.

spook -
Initial reports indicate this is again the work of Jemaah Islamiyah - the al-Qaeda-linked group responsible for the 2002 carnage.

But of course, some how, no matter how tenuous, continued USA suport for Israel, will be factor in assigning blame for this attack.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

But of course, some how, no matter how tenuous, continued USA suport for Israel, will be factor in assigning blame for this attack.[/quote] Huh? So by that reasoning some people think world maps are anti-islamic. But I guess since I’ve been reading various conspiracy theories I shouldn’t be surprised if that were true.

Aussie PM, John Howard’s stance on Israel is a far more likely blame factor than Bush’s. However it is a chicken and egg situation. Here’s Howard’s take on events.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
But of course, some how, no matter how tenuous, continued USA suport for Israel, will be factor in assigning blame for this attack.[/quote]

I just hope they appreciate what we’re doing for them.